Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 03:18 AM

Default AKs vs 2 all-in...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (7 handed) converter

MP1 (t10425)
MP2 (t19659)
CO (t12919)
Button (t9895)
SB (t12400)
Hero (t13991)
UTG (t2210)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t2185</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t19634</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero???

PS 20$ 180 players, top 18 paid.

I don't mind about the first All-in, but the second puts me all-in... I`m in the top 10 with 30 to go... Winning this hands puts me CL. The big stack won 2 of the last 3 hands, last hand call an all-in with a flush draw and hitted...
Old 11-30-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: AKs vs 2 all-in...

[ QUOTE ]

I don't mind about the first All-in, but the second puts me all-in... I`m in the top 10 with 30 to go... Winning this hands puts me CL. The big stack won 2 of the last 3 hands, last hand call an all-in with a flush draw and hitted...

[/ QUOTE ]
Is AQ in his range? Do you think he could be trying to isolate the desperate UTG raiser with something even worse than AQ?

Actually, I'm going to assume the answer to both of these is yes, so it's time to gambool.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:13 AM

Stick it in with the presumtion the MP2 player is trying to isolate. If you win the hand then you have doubled up against a big stack and you will now stand a good chance of making some big money.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:25 AM

I push. You're very good against his range. I think he'd be more inclined to just flatcall the small all-in with AA or KK. You're either a small dog or a big favorite.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:30 AM

I would call. Looks too much like an isolation raise to me. No way the reraiser has AA or KK. UTG might push with almost any two cards here as the blinds hit him the next hand. If the reraiser has noticed this he will isolate with a lot of hands. You're probably up against a PP &lt;= QQ, or if you're lucky he has a weaker A than yours. It's time to double up or quit.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call. Looks too much like an isolation raise to me. No way the reraiser has AA or KK. UTG might push with almost any two cards here as the blinds hit him the next hand. If the reraiser has noticed this he will isolate with a lot of hands. You're probably up against a PP &lt;= QQ, or if you're lucky he has a weaker A than yours. It's time to double up or quit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has QQ, is it a good move to go all-in? I would think that UTG has a PP or at least an Ace or a K, so if it's a race I loose one of my 6 outs?

Would an isolation raise like this (all-in for everybody) would make sense with AJ or AQ? Maybe more with a PP like 99 - QQ? So it might be a race with only 5 outs?