Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Datamining question

A while ago, I saw a thread here on datamining, did some searching, and found out how it works. I'm just learning the ins and outs of Poker Tracker. In the thread I found a couple weeks ago, one or two people talked about datamining to a different database than the one they use for the data from the tables they actually play on. So a database for datamining, and another database for your actual play.

My question is, is this how most people do it? A couple things don't make sense. One, when I sit at a table, and open a GameTime window, I have to choose which database to use. So if I have mined hands from some players in one database, and some in another, it makes one of the two useless. So should I just be putting it all into one DB? And just have a database for, say, Party $2/$4?

Also, since I've done some already, is there any way for me to "combine" the two databases I have? They are basically, as I mentioned above, one with my hands, the other just mined hands.

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Datamining question

Anyone? How do you guys do this?
Old 07-07-2005, 08:03 AM

I try and keep all my datamining stats seprate from the games that i have played in and then also by site and limit. Yes u can combined ur stats i believe u just need to find the file PT makes of the database and do import HH on that file. Maybe im wrong its been awhile since i have done it and im at work now.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:30 AM

Yeah, like I said, I plan on keeping seperate stats for site and limit.

So when you're playing, do you open a GameTime window, or do you use one of the add on tools like PokerAce or GameTime+? I don't have any of these yet, maybe these tools use stats from all your databases combined. It doesn't seem like the external GameTime window launched from PokerTracer does, you have to choose a database to use.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:40 AM

I use GT+ for when im sitting at a table so i only have the stats for the session. I like to play alot on PS so i also just import the notes on players from the stats i have grabbed from DM. I know there are probably better ways but im fine doin it this way. I only play other sites for the bonus after i clear them i usaully just leave so i dont try and keep that great of records for them.