Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2005, 03:51 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default FFL question #2 & 3 Drafts

Do you prefer 'carryover' leagues over 'start over' leagues?

We used to start over fresh every year so everyone has an equal shot in the lottery draw for any player. I think it added a little more to the excitement of the new year, but many like carryover leagues.

Initial cost of drafting a team. Do you prefer a str8 cost to start? (not counting supplemental and trade fees here)

One thing I was looking to implement before our league broke (I disbanded it, friggin' whiny bitches) was a salary cap draft. Anyone tried this?

If you don't know here's basically how it worked: Say on top of an entry fee, everyone starts with $100 (keeping it simple). Basically, you bid on players like an auction. Except there it does follow a draft order to prevent total chaos of having 12 people shouting at ya. However, once you've used up your cap, if your team isn't filled, you then have to wait until basically everyone else is out of cap room then you can resume. You could also get your whole draft done and not have used up your whole cap. Anyone try this?

I hadn't worked out how I was going to do supplemental drafts with it as we didn't get that far. I also didn't work out how to choose which player in the initial draft to put on the block at which time. I thought about using the draft order to have the team who's pick it was, bring up a player to try and get.

I thought it was a great idea. Except many didn't like it because they wanted to be able to get baked and drunk during the draft and didn't want to deal with any real thought. yes, they actually said that. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Ideas?

b