Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Grand Tournament Good/Bad Comments

[ QUOTE ]
1. Is $10,000 in starting chips and 30 minutes blind levels a good thing online or should that be left for live events?

[/ QUOTE ]

This structure is awesome. More online tourneys should have this structure. My stomach turns as I think that I won't be able to play this Saturday. (Couldn't you have checked my schedule before scheduling this thing? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

[ QUOTE ]
2. Is running an event over two days (with chip carry-over) online just an added hassle or actually refreshing as it gives players the chance to recouperate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm indifferent to this one.

[ QUOTE ]
3. Should a tournament with such a high stacks/blinds ratio still incorporate deals or does that need become obsolete since a general short-stackedness (for lack of a better term) will not really be an issue?

[/ QUOTE ]

Deals are for wimps. Nonetheless, the money belongs to the players so they should have the option of dealing if they wish.

[ QUOTE ]
4. Should major online tournaments feature more instant media coverage (commentary, blogging etc) or is the anonymity factor too important?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also indifferent to this one.

[ QUOTE ]
5. Is $1,000 buy-in general just too hefty for an online tournament or would even $5,000 be doable as long as the setup is the right one?

[/ QUOTE ]

The buy-in needs to be *at least* $1000 or it doesn't make sense to block off two days for the event. I'd be happy to play a $5000 event online if the structure is good, and your structure appears to be excellent.

I hope this tourney is a success because I would like to see more in the future (on dates when I can actually play [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]).

Later,
Che
Old 08-03-2005, 10:41 AM

Do you have an estimate of how many registers your going to recieve for this tournament this weekend?
Old 08-03-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok then. Steep as in as favouring final table players but flat as in evening out the gaps between top ten.
This is a definition I've heard before and agree with fully. If more people would comment on this we will most definitely try and incorporate it into our larger buy-in events.

[/ QUOTE ]
Flat(ter) on FT is good, but I also like it somewhat flatter throughout ITM, IF and only IF, ITM starts with a good payout. For example, 4x entry fee.

Or if you want to pay back just a little over the entry fee for a few people, then have the payouts escalate rapidly after that. I do not like flat when it means a large portion of the field makes the money but only the FT makes anything meaningful.

1. Flatter Final Table.
2. Finishing (almost) anywhere In The Money has some real value.
3. Fewer people finish ITM as a consequence of #2.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:30 AM

Keep in mind that most of the participants (like me) in GT3 will be there through qualifiers. Most will want a
flat(ter) payout structure because of that.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have an estimate of how many registers your going to recieve for this tournament this weekend?

[/ QUOTE ]

GTI had about 200 players... GTII had about 500 players... as a projection GTIII will probably be about 750 or more
Old 08-03-2005, 12:13 PM

Yes , I believe that flatter structures are better for the majority of players. The players on 2+2 would be more likely to want steep structures because of course we all think we are huge professionals, but the recreational player's who get lucky in some satellite will definitely want flatter structures.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:23 PM

I'd also add that lack of antes is more pronounced in very deep stack tournaments like this one than in regular tournaments you have. Give us antes please. That said, GT2 was perhaps the best online tournament I've ever played, however little that may mean.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:28 PM

1) It is definitely a good thing. With the added play and impressively deep stacks, this tournament is amazing.

2) I love the idea. It adds a little prestige to making the second day and really makes the tournament into the big deal it should be.

3) I think deals should be allowed. Deals are a great thing for poker (because the standard high % for first tournament structure doesn't really benefit anyone). However, as I'm sure you guys want to see the tournament play out, you could always put in a stipulation like stars does that X amount of money must be left on the table and played for. This allows players to get a fair deal as well as you guys getting full play in the tournament.

4) If you think online poker is still anonymous then you are wrong. Online poker is turning into a celebrity sport, and commentary/blogs are a great idea. Bring em on.

5) $1,000 is not too much. Hell, partypoker gets 2000 players for its 600 buyin, and Stars got like 1700 for their 500 buyin tourney. As long as you run enough satellites for people, and advertise this tournament enough, it could turn in to the biggest event online.

My only comment is that you alter the blind structure to start at 25 50 (if this hasn't already been done). I played in the last tournament and it seemed that the blinds started out TINY and the first hour or so was just pointless.

Great tournament tho guys, keep up the good work (and please do something about those avatars... I hate playing as a granny or as a big boobed broad).
Old 08-03-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

5) $1,000 is not too much. Hell, partypoker gets 2000 players for its 600 buyin, and Stars got like 1700 for their 500 buyin tourney. As long as you run enough satellites for people, and advertise this tournament enough, it could turn in to the biggest event online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really want this tourny to turn into The last Sunday of the month tournies on Stars and Party Poker. I personally like the smaller field compared to those other guaranteed touraments.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really want this tourny to turn into The last Sunday of the month tournies on Stars and Party Poker. I personally like the smaller field compared to those other guaranteed touraments.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?