Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 01:57 AM

Default I Met Vince Lepore Today

Everybody I know who knows him told me what a great guy he was. I couldn't believe it, having read his posts here and elsewhere.

They were right.

A pleasure, Vince.

Andy
Old 11-27-2004, 10:44 AM

Default Re: I Met Vince Lepore Today

Told ya so.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:15 PM

And I met Andy Fox yesterday! He and Rick Nebiolo pointed out Vince, but I didn't head up to his section to meet him as well.

So Andy, how much of Rick's stack did you end up taking in that green-chip game? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2004, 01:36 PM

The Babe loves Vince as well.

He is a Best Boy. He made the list in 2003. Here is why...

4). Vince Lepore - Although he is the most argumentative person I've ever met, he does make the Babe laugh. Here is the "Vince quote of the year" : I was leaving Bellagio one day and noticed that Vince was stuck. I said, "Vince, if you had my discipline you would be a millionaire". Vince promptly replied, "Babe, if I had your body I would be a millionaire". The best thing about Vince is not his sense of humor, however...it's the kindness he shows to his family. He really does need to get some new clothes, however, as the ones he has are older than Dynasty.

LGPG,

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2004, 01:49 PM

I lost about ten chips in Rick's game. Then I was a must mover and played about a half an hour in another game, waiting for Rick to must move, but he didn't and I went to Commerce to meet up with my nephews (who didn't show up). In the second game, I lost almost my entire rack on two hands. I had previously won $100 in the 20-40 game while I was waiting for Rick and in the Commerce 40-80 I took 'em for $9 in about 20 minutes. (Hit and run [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img].) So all in all I think I lost $71 in four games. I better keep my day job.

Nice meeting you.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:51 PM

Well, I spent the afternoon with Vince and Rick so, as you can imagine, I hardly had to speak. All I had to say to both of them was, "How's it going?" and they each did an hour. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2004, 02:10 PM

I made my - "I Met Vince Lepore" - post in January of 2001. Andy - you darn copycat.

Vince was playing 15 - 30 at Bellagio. He played a hand so bad that Mason had to walk away.

I miss Vince's posts here. Maybe he is posting under another name, and I just haven't figured it out yet.

Vince is a great guy, interesting and fun to talk with. Maybe even Snakehead will say something nice about him.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:19 PM

As a rebuttal to some of this butt kissing, I'll tell you about the 1 time I played with Vince.

15-30 Bellagio

I didn't know hime, he didn't know me.

A couple hands after sitting down, I raised in EP w/ AK, Vince 3 bet, everyone folded, and I 4 bet. Vince called. The flop came A high, I bet, Vince raised, I reraised, Vince called. I bet the turn and river, Vince called.

After tabling my hand, Vince showed everyone his 2 Kings. He then proceeded to tell me and the whole table how bad I played and how I would soon be broke playing in this fashion.

Remember, I didn't know who he was. I just assumed he was 1 of the many old fish that can be found at that limit in Vegas who thinks he plays way better than he does. He left the game a few hands later.

After he left, I saw him talking to an aquaintance of mine. I asked said aquaintance later who the old cranky guy was. He told me it was the famous Vince Lepore.

I'm happy to say I haven't played with him since.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:01 PM

Andy,

Ya shoulda told him Secretariat was a better athlete than Michael Jordan.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:44 PM

Vince has started reposting. He has a well-responded to thread currently on the mid-stakes limit forum. Even Oz chimed in.