Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-07-2005, 05:56 PM

Default HU MHNL TOURNEY

FoxwoodsFiend,

What is the [censored] deal. Where do we stand. Have you drawn up brackets? Have we picked a site? UB has .25/.5 HU tables, meh? Has everyone paid up? If you are an escrow and have all your cash, reply.

I have all my cash.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: HU MHNL TOURNEY

I have all my cash.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:03 PM

What is the [censored] deal.

seriously! i am waiting for some1 to draw up some lines and start taking side action on players so i can gamble heavily on myself.
we need brackets.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:05 PM

I want to see the threads on people beign pwn'd HU already!
Old 12-07-2005, 06:08 PM

can we start an official thread with a sticky that will keep track of all the toruneys happenings? Makes life easier to keep track.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so i can gamble heavily on myself.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I'm talking about! You and Yeti are the only two pimps on this board.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:22 PM

AZK, here is the deal-not everybody has gotten their money in. Once we figure out who the sub for Larry David is (and that should just be a matter of a few people answering their PMs) we will need that person to pay Strasser, for fslexcduck to pay me or AJo Go All In $500, for chuddo stoxtrader and obnxnole to pay Zeebo, and for VanVeen to pay FSUPlayer.
Citanul drew up brackets which I will not release until everybody's money is in.
I figure we'll let people use whatever HU format they both agree to via PM such as PokerStars HU Playmoney, UB HU tables, or whatever else people suggest.
Basically, we're just waiting on people to get their money in. This is a very hard process to coordinate because it depends on many people being prompt in answering PMs, which many have not been.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:25 PM

Thanks for the update. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Picking different sites will be troublesome no? Considering half have different blind structures, rebuy rules, etc...no?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:27 PM

count me in for round two once all this bs has been worked out lol

one important thing (perhaps the solitary piece) my polisci degree has taught me is that collective action is usually doomed to failure
Old 12-07-2005, 07:37 PM

First of all, we have a sub for Larry David now-it's thatwacokid. I'm willing to swallow fslexcduck's 500 for now as I'm sure she's good for it. If anybody knows of a way to get in touch with chuddo, stoxtrader, VanVeen, and obnxnole please do so as we'll start the second I have confirmation everybody has their money in.

What do you guys think about booting people who haven't gotten their money in by Sunday and replacing them with subs? We have enough to do this.
[ QUOTE ]
Picking different sites will be troublesome no? Considering half have different blind structures, rebuy rules, etc...no?

[/ QUOTE ]
If differing structures bothers people we'll have to figure out a way to play HU on one site so that all matches can happen within a week. I figure the upside of different structures is that if the UB tables are full when people are free to play, they have a better chance of fitting a match into their open timeslot. Plus, at the end of the day HU is still HU. What do people think? If we insist on having one structure we'll also have to allot more time to each round it seems.