Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 12-28-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Pokerstars Regulars 1/2 - 3/6

Here's a list of a bunch of regulars who I play with a lot. I'm trying to find out more information on them and whether or not my reads are way off.

Couz - He also plays a lot of 2/4 NL. I see him playing 2/4 and 3/6 PLO fairly often now. Plays tricky LAAAGG. I have him as a 74/15/2.6. Is he actually a winning player? He causes me all kind of grief when I'm OOP against him. I can never get paid off and he shows off the weirdest hands.I virtually have no implied odds against him.

Cantona - He's another player I really don't like playing against - especially OOP. He's tough to read. Stats are 45/22. Compared to my 30/4, it seems that I might be playing incorrectly or is he? How can I battle against his trickiness? Do I have to start bluffing at him more because he has never once paid off a raise of mine unless he was ahead. He's also the biggest winner in my book.

DextSiegler - He plays very much like me. 30/4ish. The question is, if I maintain this style, will I be successfully able to move up in limits? Do I need to change my style more towards one of the lags?

Tomcika - He's another one of those UBER lag types like Couz. How do these players win? Please help me combat this. Next to Couz, he's #2 on my list for most lost too.

That's pretty much it. Feel free to add your list of regulars and I'll see what I can do to help.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars Regulars 1/2 - 3/6

I'm assuming you are talking ring game here.

I think you are confusing good/winning vs hard to play against. If you are fairly new to the game, then very loose aggro players can be hard to play against, especially OOP. But they are not winning. In fact, although I'm no fan of definative preflop statements, I would hazard that anyone playing over 70% of their hands preflop is a losing player.

Dext is worth worrying about. Cantona less so. The others must be very new so its reasonable to assume they aren't good.

gl

dd
Old 12-29-2005, 02:56 AM

I don't know the players, nor do I really prefer discussing named individuals on these forums.

With that said, I am curious as to how many hands you have actually been involved with against these players. Even a few thousand hands is only going to give you an idea of how each plays and certainly won't be able to tell you whether or not they are winning players.

The fact that the uber LAGs aren't paying you off just indicates that they aren't calling stations on the river against players with a tight table image. Many uber LAGs are overly aggressive, especially with position, which you may be able to use to your advantage in certain situations. Like I said, I don't know these players or their tendencies.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:52 AM

I don't know about couz/tomcika but the other two are players i would be happy to see at my table. I see you are using pre flop descrips like vpip and pfr percentage. I do not think these statistics tell the story of how someone plays in PLO. In my opinion the types of hands they raise with, their total aggression factor on all streets, as well as observations as to how they play with and without position will better help your evaluation.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:14 PM

LA,

I think its fair to say that there are very few players I would be unhappy to see at the table. I was trying to differentiate between complete goons, and people who clearly are competent. Dext is certainly ok, if not any great danger. The only player who plays that well at those stakes, off the top of my head, is probably Niknais, although I may be doing others a diservice

gl

dd
Old 12-29-2005, 01:43 PM

Cantona used to play bigger and better. I found him tough to play against 3 years ago, but just a donk now.

Dext from what I recall seems to just be your typical nut-peddler.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:01 AM

I didn't make the list? I know I've been away for a week, but no one plays those games more than me.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:27 AM

Iron,

This kid is just some young punk...I remember you very fondly.

gl

dd
Old 12-30-2005, 07:00 AM

What's your username? PM me if you want