Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-30-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Curtains Hand #2 12.30

#Game No : 3284174818
***** Hand History for Game 3284174818 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $200 Buy-in + $15 Entry Fee Trny:18726082 Level:4
Blinds(50/100) - Friday, December 30, 01:38:22 EDT 2005
Table Table 67430 (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: Rolex11 ( $2130 )
Seat 2: mosesiswet ( $2505 )
Seat 3: Gamboholic_ ( $830 )
Seat 5: FASTMONEYKID ( $1005 )
Seat 8: ILuvCurtains ( $2311 )
Seat 9: elsaad ( $1219 )
Trny:18726082 Level:4
Blinds(50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ILuvCurtains [ Qh Qc ]
Rolex11 folds.
mosesiswet folds.
>You have options at Table 67358 Table!.
Gamboholic_ folds.
FASTMONEYKID folds.
>You have options at Table 71132 Table!.
ILuvCurtains raises [250].
elsaad calls [200].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3h, Jc, Ac ]
ILuvCurtains checks.
elsaad bets [300].
ILuvCurtains ...

Villain has done nothing unusual. Hero has, per the standard acquired his chips with good play and has only shown down premium hands. Villain has committed half of his stack at this point.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Curtains Hand #2 12.30

I'd have bet around 300 into that pot to see what Villain does. Now, I'd drop this. Villain called your preflop raise and probably has a decent ace. The chips you'll be betting from this point on are more valuable than the ones you stand to win.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:01 AM

I'd want to know villain's aggression factor, but if it's not too high, I'm passing this.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:39 AM

have to fold now i think. i might have taken a 200-250 chip stab first though.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:34 PM

I don't think Hero should fold already.

1) Because many villains would probably have pushed an Ace preflop.
2) Because some villains might get clever and check behind with an Ace here on this drawless board.
3) After Hero's check it's a steal attempt is likely.
4) Wouldn't a J play the same way?

I think calling the flop bet is good. Depending on image and reads I might not fold this at any point except if a king comes.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Hero should fold already.

1) Because many villains would probably have pushed an Ace preflop.
2) Because some villains might get clever and check behind with an Ace here on this drawless board.
3) After Hero's check it's a steal attempt is likely.
4) Wouldn't a J play the same way?

I think calling the flop bet is good. Depending on image and reads I might not fold this at any point except if a king comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't responded 'cuz I was stuck thiniking about yoru exact points... what hand gives villain a jack but not an ace? loose call pre-flop....

Folding seems so weak-tight - though I've done it.
Calling seems such chip-spewing...though I've done it

I probably hate folding, but hit the button anyways...

tough one. If I have a read, I might call and hope for a jackless, kingless turn.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:54 PM

This is tough. If he thinks villian is a good player, he wouldn't call off 250 with an A. He would either fold or reraise. So if he thinks he doesnt have the A, then checking to induce a bluff is a nice move. Villian probably has a pair so with only 2 outs a free card probably wont hurt if he takes it. Checking may incuce a turn call as well. I think at the lower limits where it is likely they will call off that many chips with Ax, betting out may be better to find out where you are at right away.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:13 PM

You may thnik Im crazy but I make a lot of reads based on handles and chip stacks...this works for me because Im playing so many at once, and based on his handle, I would suspect he's not a great player.

The best players are the ones with two words in their handles with each word capitalized. Other good players are the ones who go out of their way to make their handle stupid/juvinile. For instance if a handle is IMASTUPIDIDIOT, they are probably at least a reasonable player. Of course none of this is fullproof, but it works pretty well when multitabling, and I find that my generalizations are usually reasonably well founded.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:26 PM

So based on your read of his handle he's not a great player. He does have a weird chip stack to call off $250 though. I am not sure what to make of that. I really dont like check folding here so I am assuming you put him all in. I'm just searching for the reasoning... I'm interested because I usually lead out here.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You may thnik Im crazy but I make a lot of reads based on handles and chip stacks...this works for me because Im playing so many at once, and based on his handle, I would suspect he's not a great player.

The best players are the ones with two words in their handles with each word capitalized. Other good players are the ones who go out of their way to make their handle stupid/juvinile. For instance if a handle is IMASTUPIDIDIOT, they are probably at least a reasonable player. Of course none of this is fullproof, but it works pretty well when multitabling, and I find that my generalizations are usually reasonably well founded.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are crazy. In the hand I played like an idiot where there was a fellow player who pushed into a big stack on a dry sidepot with no hand or draw, the player's handle was "iamsobadtoo" and I took that into consideration thinking that it would mean he wasn't so bad.

(So bad, if you are reading this, my apologies, but it was a really bad play. Maybe you were just drunk or something.)