FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Rigged?
f u, I couldn't care less and I can't believe I clicked on this thread 6 35.29%
I didn't see the show 2 11.76%
yes - she was told what to do 8 47.06%
No - the ending was pretty much reality 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Re: How many times have you been pulled over...

[ QUOTE ]
I've never been pulled over and it never made sense to me since I tend to drive way too fast pretty much everywhere traffic conditions allow.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes sense to me because I am always scanning way in front and behind looking for cops and am always the first to put the brakes on and slow down.

Just being observant and not going 50 miles over the speed limit helps to avoid tickets.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:19 PM

If I had to guess well over thirty.

Tickets:

1) No seatbelt at 17 in NY;
2) Speeding in VA; and
3) No proof of insurance in Atlanta.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:22 PM

In the 5 years I've been driving, at least 20 times.

I'm Mexican, I drive a decently nice car for where I live. It happens.

Tickets, maybe 3-4. I've gotten out of about 3-4 times and the other 12+ times were just completely random BS in an attempt to fish for something.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:28 PM

I've been pulled over 8 times had black guys in the car with me 6 of these times.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:34 PM

I'm just straight unlucky when it comes to tickets:

Got my license in 1998 -

Ticket - 1999 - Failure to complete stop at stop sign
Warning - 1999 - Pulled over with lots of people in my SUV after leaving the scene of a school fight, luckily nobody was searched, we would've been fuct
Ticket - 2001 - Speeding

2004 was a bad year with 2005 not too far behind

Ticket - Jan. 2004 - Running a red light, granted it was late at night in South Central LA, the cop was a total dick and I guess I was too, whatever.
Ticket - June 2004 - Speeding in St Louis, was 20 over the limit but convinced the cop to make it 10 since I would not be returning to St Louis to court
Ticket - July 2004 - Speeding

Ticket - Feb 2005 - Crossing double lines in a preferential lane, leaving the carpool lane in the double line

Ticket - April 2005 - Solo driver in carpool lane in a freeway entrance

All in all I have two points but have never been into one accident. I'm just unlucky.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:36 PM

twice and got a ticket both times.

The first time I pulled a 'california roll' going 15 through a stop sign in high school. The second time I made a U-turn in a business district at 2 am when there were zero other people on the road at the time.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:24 AM

I got stopped after i threw a plastic lid from my frosty at 2 AM on sat. I was going 90km/hr in a 60 and i saw the lights go on behind me and i slammed on the brakes. I did this so i wouldn't be able to get estimated speeding. The police officer came up to my door and said
"that was an expensive piece of garbage you threw out the window, not to mention you were going way over the speed limit"
I said sorry, he came back 35 minutes later and gave me a 200$ littering ticket, I said thanks.

Next day I went to court and it got cancelled because he did not cross off the offence notice showing i was the one commiting the crime, ticket got cancelled, I laughed.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this illegal for you? We learn in driver's ed that the dashed/solid centre lines are only recommended passing times, and can not be enforced as law.

[/ QUOTE ]

Traffic laws vary by state, but yes, in most, if no all, of the US passing where there is a solid center line is illegal. In Colorado, and, I believe, most states, you required to complete your pass within the dashed line.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:28 AM

15+
haven't gotten a ticket since I was 17 and the 15+ are post-17.

Actually, I got 1 and went to court and had it waived.

The key: It's all about respect, which is totally different from ass-kissing, which cops hate (especially staties).

Here is a real, unembellished story from no more than 2 months ago:

I hop on 495 heading to work on the Cape. I do 70-85 on a regular basis, but don't drive like a dick. I'm driving for about 3 minutes and BOOM, next thing I know a unmarked red car is flashing behind me. I pull over and the dude is glued to my bumper. After stopping, I put it in park, crack my window and <u>put my hands on the steering wheel</u> . Statie comes over to my window and in a pissed off tone says "I've had you at 85-90 for half a mile, license and registration". I say "I'm going to reach in my back pocket and get my license. Then I am going to reach into the glove and get my registration". I do that and as I hand him my stuff I look him in the eye and "No excuse". That's it. No more, no less.
He went back to his cruiser, wrote away for 5 minutes and came back with a WARNING for going 70 in a 65.

The moral of the story is three-fold:
1-Cops don't want you reachin' around the cab lookin' all suspicious and sh*t.
2-Cops hate 'boot-lickers', as they call them. Don't "No sir, Yes Officer" him to death.
3-Cops hate excuses. Don't give them.

Follow those rules and the only time you'll get a ticket is if the guy is just an asshat
Old 12-08-2005, 03:30 AM

I've been driving for 8 years now and I've been pulled over 0 times... I usually go 70-75 in the 65 zone (same speed as everyone else, if a tad faster), I did do a slow roll thru a stop sign in a residential area when a cop was behind me (didn't see the cop until it was too late), but to my shock he didn't pull me over! Just lucky i guess...