Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2005, 12:02 PM

Default flopping a boat

game is pot limit $200 initital buy-in. $500 max after that. average stack is around 300-400. i am in late position and get dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. limp is as blinds are only $1 $2. gets around to the little blind and he raises the pot. i call coming in for about $15. flop comes out J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. intial raiser comes out for a $75 bet. 1 caller and i smooth call because there is another player behind me and i am hoping he calls, but he folds. next card no help. initial raiser bets $75 again. the other caller pauses and thinks hard about whether or not to call but he does and i also call. river comes nothing again and they both check i proceed to bet pot hoping to get a call from the initial raiser but they both folded. he showed K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] i told him i had a straight draw. question i have is do you think i should have raised pot before the river? because i kno i should have made more profit on this pot. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]