Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2005, 01:46 PM
 is offline

Default JJ makes riverboat

NL 2/4 on Prima 6max

hero is utg with j [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]j [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

table is kinda loose, lots of miniraise-muppets, nobody havent done anything out of line though

hero raised for $16
mp called for $16
co folded
button called for $16
sb folded
bb called for $12

Flop 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (66$)

bb checked
hero checked
mp bet for $20
co folded
bb folded
hero called for $20

mp could be doing this with anything, a-10,kq,flushdraw you name it - I think there´s a chance I´m still ahead of him

Turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (106$)

hero checked
mp1 checked

River J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (106$)

hero bet for $24
mp raised for $120
hero raised for $384
mp went all-in for $376.12
hero called for $88.12

nice found the J, I lead for 24$ because i think a hand like 2nd pair or toppair might call it down, however I´m giving a good opportunity to a hand like AK, K9 or a backdoorflush to raise me.

When raises me and I reraise I realize that the only hands I´m going to get any more action from is qq, tt and 33
and I only beat one of them. Well he pushed me back I called and he showed qq.

Is it possible not to go broke here, I don´t really know if should I be disapointed or not with my river-reraise...
Old 05-28-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: JJ makes riverboat

hero bet for $24
mp raised for $120

just call. this is pretty standard. you really shouldn't be 3-betting this.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is very narrow-minded thinking. You have to know whether your opponent is willing to call reraises with worse hands such as AK, two hearts or TT. This is $2/$4 400NL game, so there are many hands that a standard villian will call a reraise to. Given no knowledge of the opponent and this being a prima "low-limit" game, I would push my 3rd nuts hard.

However, if villian is capable of laying down something like TT to a push (extreme example), of course you would just call as a reraise would be futile.

In short, know your specific opponents better.

Garland
Old 05-28-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hero bet for $24
mp raised for $120

[/ QUOTE ]i totally disagree. i dont see how you could even consider not moving in here.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:30 PM

Oops, yeah, I didn't realise the board was paired. Easy push.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:02 PM

Given the way the hand played out, I find it hard not to stack off when I hit the J. There are a lot of hands that will raise you on the river here that you still beat, so I'm definitely pushing.

His check on the turn is strange though, which, when the hand plays out, could make his river raise look like a steal attempt. But I suspect that on the turn he just made quads (or filled his TT boat) and then froze.

- Kripke
Old 05-28-2005, 03:38 PM

i think when u make jacks full your forced to put all of your chips in not because its an impossible hand to fold just simply because there is only one likely hand to beat yours and it just so happened he had it. i dont see how u can read into his small flop bet and non continuation on the turn as tens full or quads. u beat way to high of a range of hands to not push.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:52 PM

In case you missed it, I'm advocating a push. There are plenty of hands that calls you that you are ahead of, TT, JT, a big flush etc. So, I'm definitely pushing in.

I'm not reading villain as FOR SURE having quads or tens full. I retain a much wider scope of possibilities for villain's hand.

However, I did try to analyze how the hand played out, and what villain's play could potentially mean. But that does not entail, that I'm now folding my hand because 'it could be quads'. (And if it's TT, well then I'm obviously not folding).

If Villain has QQ, then my hats off to him. If he has quads, well the same. As the hand played out here, I'm pushing.

- Kripke
Old 05-28-2005, 04:04 PM

I can't envision not coming over the top of his river raise. I'm not just calling here with my JJ full when only the nut full or quads beat me. There are straights and flushes to pay you off. Without knowing the opponent very well I'm reraising in this spot every time.

Nicely played.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:39 PM
 is offline

I know he´s a good player and he will be able to get away from all hands except a full house when I make that reraise on river...and when I make it I´m going to get action from 3 hands, QQ, TT and 33. 33 isnt however very likely so there are 2 hands that will give me further action...one I lose to and the other one I beat...

against a "normal player" who would call the reraise with flush/str8/2pair I would back this hand with my stack anytime but since he will be able to get away from all those hands I really think i messed this one up...