Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 07:56 AM

Default OT: Easier games at Party or the Party skins at the $10-$30 level?

Just curious what you guys think.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:07 AM

Default Re: OT: Easier games at Party or the Party skins at the $10-$30 level?

I would say yes, but I went on a silly heater at the $33s towards the end which got my balance up to a reasonable amount to return to the $55s, all on Party. But there are some HUGE fish around, the day when the $22s were shagged up and loads of the fish came into the $33s, they were absolutely terrible. But even before that, it's not at all unusual at the $33s to see a table where the next tightest player had 27% VP$IP.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:09 AM

I'm still playing on the skins right now at the 22's and I find that the games are still the same. There is the same trend of 1-2 players going out in the 1st round etc and the same patterns of piss poor bubble play.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:18 AM

That makes sense. I think all the "tough" competition on the skins comes from everyone whoring the ring games. Now that party has 10 tables at once I wonder if the skins might even get easier?
Old 10-21-2005, 10:09 AM

The $22s, at least, are still easy on both Party and the skins, though I think Party's (at the moment) the easier of the two if you have to choose. (I had been playing the $33s before the split, then stepped back to the $22s while I was waiting for money to transfer and found them so soft I just stayed there...)
Old 10-21-2005, 12:15 PM

low level games are about the same. Skins start up much much slower. There are still 2+2ers and pushbotesque players at the skins. I am one of them.

I think the skill level is fine right now, but it is a small population that even 1-2 more sharks in the tank could throw off the balance some.

I don't recommend anyone play here for rakeback alone. It isnt worth it. The games start up so much slower that it eats away any $/hr you gain from RB.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
low level games are about the same. Skins start up much much slower. There are still 2+2ers and pushbotesque players at the skins. I am one of them.

I think the skill level is fine right now, but it is a small population that even 1-2 more sharks in the tank could throw off the balance some.

I don't recommend anyone play here for rakeback alone. It isnt worth it. The games start up so much slower that it eats away any $/hr you gain from RB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus the fact that you only make ~$5 an hour on rakeback by 8 tabling the $22s. Might as well work at McDonalds.