Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Hand for review, 1/2 6 max

Hey guys, been 3-tabling so i have no significant reads on anyone.
I'm not sure i like how i played this hand, did i miss some bets?
thanks

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
Old 08-05-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Hand for review, 1/2 6 max

Without reads I don't think you could have gotten more out of this..
Old 08-05-2005, 02:16 PM

the turn worked out pretty well for you, but I think that going for over calls when a 2nd Ace hits here may not be the best line - that 2nd ace is going to scare off anyone that isn't holding an Ace - I think you jam the turn when bet into hoping to get action from anyone holding one including the bettor and possibly one other player
Old 08-05-2005, 02:50 PM

I don't know if going for overcalls on the turn is more profitable than just raising. It looks like you might have gotten 3-bet if you had raised and then you could have capped.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if going for overcalls on the turn is more profitable than just raising. It looks like you might have gotten 3-bet if you had raised and then you could have capped.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-05-2005, 03:03 PM

Why didn't you raise the turn when UTG bet into you? You realize trip aces will play back at you hard. The way you played it, call/3-betting scares hands you should be collecting bets from. If you had reads, it would affect whether you waited until the turn to raise or not. I like the wait line here in a relatively small pot on a drawless board. Granted you're four handed, you're hardly ever getting outdrawn. You collect a few extra bets from people behind you on the flop.