Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 06:34 AM

Default 93s from BB (my first post)

Hey guys-

I've been lurking through the 2+2 forums for a while now after buying SSHE - great book, great community.

A penny for your thoughts? MP1 is ultra-loose pre-flop (90% VP$IP after 60 hands), and somewhat passive post-flop. He's been known to bluff, and will call down to the river with nothing. SB is also LP.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

For fun, results in white: <font color="white">Son of a bitch! Villian wins with Qh7h</font>
Old 05-18-2005, 06:35 AM

Default Re: 93s from BB (my first post)

That's a good hand.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:53 AM

That flop bet is not a good play against the opponents you described. Check fold.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:07 AM

Why did you bet that flop with bottom pair against ooponents who are prepared to call you all the way?

Even if opponents are loose/bad you can chose better spots/hands to play them with.

Flop for me is an easy check/fold
Old 05-18-2005, 08:48 AM

I'm not wild about the flop bet given your read of your opponents. you will not fold a better hand here; in fact, you have no idea if they have a better hand than you now. the other reason I'm not wild about it is that all but 4 cards will be overcards to your pair on the turn and river, meaning that someone could easily get ahead of you.

I'd checkraise the river. MP1 has been aggressive for the entire hand, so it's pretty safe to assume he'll bet the river. in this case, you got to 3-bet him, but a lot of passive players might just call you when you wake up again on the river like that.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:04 PM

Nice hand.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:07 PM

I would check/fold on flop.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:22 PM

I fail to see how this is a nice hand, at least the flop play. I was going back and forth on this.

In a SH pot, it is always best to bet out if you were planning on check/calling. However, this pot isn't big enough to support even that. Hero has 6.5 outs and would be getting 5:1 odds if MP1 bets and SB calls. He needs to be getting just over 7:1 for a reasonable call.

With such a marginal hand in a small pot, I don't see this as a check/call let alone a bet out. Put one more player in the pot and then the pot odds would be in Hero's favor.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:39 PM

This is a tricky hand. I generally like the way you played it, but like to examine it further.

SSH p152: " In small pots tend to fold marginal hands and draws like bottom pair...you can bet once with weak hands or merely call with strong hands. But do not call with weak hands."

You hand is weak, but betting is OK...check/fold is also OK...check/call is not okay. After the flop raise it's 6:1 for your call. Is a fold viable here? Or would that just expose you to opponents taking shots at you later?

The turn is ok.

The river is ok.

Fishlips_Jones
My Magelo
Old 05-18-2005, 01:55 PM

Hi and welcome!

well the hand looks good but beting on the flop is very agressiv. u just have the bottom pair and its 2 clubs on the board. i would check and fold to a bet. Beside the flop ur play looks good, to bad u got unlucky.

GL // Dunno