Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Back to the online grind: 43s

That is a whole lotta intresting post floppage.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:24 AM

wow.. this hand is freaky. i played the exact same hand almost the exact same way yesterday. they both folded on the turn. that would be awesome if the guy behind me folded the best hand. let me try to dig up the HH
Old 06-24-2005, 11:21 AM

Looks like a pretty easy flop fold to me. I don't mind the turn raise if you're going to continue with the hand, but, by the same token, most good players will call you down here with a T or even a 6 with a good kicker.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:28 PM

Default An Argument for the Defense

Sb might just have hearts. He might have just a ten and, since he was in the blind, a weak kicker, and he'll now give it up in face of the raise, the turn overcard, and the flush draw. This is an excellent bluff (semi-bluff?) opportunity when an overcard to the flop comes. Just calling allows the player behind to stick around with A-J or something like that.

Having said all that, I'd probably have folded pre-flop and on the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2005, 04:02 PM

I'd be happy to fold this one on the flop. There are too many turn cards that are going to make other people see a river, so even if I don't get raised on the flop, I'm not really thrilled about where I'm at.

If I were going to make a play like this, I'd probably wait until I had better backdoor draws on the flop.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... I raise intending for those to be the last bets I put into the pot unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the obvious has been addressed by others, let me address this part of your hand description (which I view as possibly the most significant error). In my view the only justification for your turn raise would be that you have a chance to get LAG and SB off better hands due to the Q falling. If your bet is called only by the SB, you don't improve on the river, and SB checks to you, a bet is mandatory as an attempt to get the SB off his pair of tens or similar holding. This would also be much more likely to work if the 3 suited card hit on the river (of course, you risk the check raise there).
Old 06-24-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop T64 with two hearts and no spades, SB bets, I call,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's raise or fold time on the flop, with your description of the SB I would lean towards raising. If there was little chance of getting it heads up with SB, I would fold.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:25 PM

That was sloppy. Should fold on flop. 1st position player betting into 3 guys has a hand and you got 2 guys behind that can still raise behind you. This is a no mans land call. Get out!

The turn raise isn't gonna work. And online have to be careful he doesn't 3 bet you as they play more aggressive online than in the real world.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:56 PM

BPBK. I'm tossing this on the flop. Folding preflop is even better.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:50 PM

I would muck the flop, this seems like too much praying everyone has [censored] here.