Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2004, 01:24 AM

Default Paradise Poker. Is it just me?

A few months back I was offered a free $2 dollar bonus to play in the micro limit games of Paradise Poker. Well, I ended up turning the $2 dollars into some $230 after numerous cashouts. Then I started to go downhill, after a while it just seemed like it was impossible to even be successful at poker. I was putting people all-in and they called with a three outer and got it what seemed like everytime.

Dont be mistaken, I don't want your pity but here are a few examples. This happened all within the last two days. You don't have to read this unless you want a good bed-time story.
I'm playing in a tourney and I have 10-7s the turn is 3-7-9 with one club, I am the chip leader and this guy goes all in (about 200 more to me) everyone folds and I call. The guy has a 9-2 of hearts. The turn is the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Now I have 20 outs: 2 sevens, 3 tens, 9 clubs, 3 jacks, 3 sixes to beat him. I don't get any of them. And this is considering the fact that in the same tournament I saw people catching two runners numerous times.

Then later, in the same tourney I have K-10 in and unraised pot and the flop is K-9-J. I raise to drive out the straight draws. One guy calls, the turn is a rag. I put him all in he calls with a K-8 and gets an 8 on the river.

Another one is when I try to steal the pot with my short stack in a heads up, I go all in with 9-4. He calls with 9-10. Flop is 2-4-9. He is about a 8 and a half to 1 underdog. The turn is a king. That adds 3 more outs, and sureley enough another king comes off the river and wins him the hand.

This last one is probably the most unbelievable. It was 1-on-1 tourney and were mid-level into the game. I have been doing alot of raising during the game and the guy was probably annoyed by my agressiveness. I am in the dealer button with A-6 of clubs. I raise and the person calls. Flop is A-K-10. He checks, I bet, he raises, and I call. The turn is an 8. Normally I would be weary of calling another bet on fourth street, but this guy checks on fourth street. That's something very weird. Usually when someone check-raises they don't try to check-raise you twice with a very good hand since the jig is already up. I think about it and I think he is weak. Now I bet 210 chips, he comes over the top with an all in. I have to call roughly 500 more chips, exactly 5/6's of my stack. I call and he shows a K-4, I can't believe what a great read I made. But surely enough, a 4 comes on the river and I suddenly have 100 chips left, he is now a 19 to 1 chip leader. Even though he had 5 outs and 1 chance (9.2 to 1 underdog), I believe the real bad beat in this hand is what a great play I made which I wasn't rewarded for.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if this is Paradise or if it's just unbelievable flukes people are having against me. I also want to know if this kind of stuff happens to other poker players at different sites on a daily basis. Keep in mind these bad beats happened all within the past two days and each day I played roughly only 2 hours of poker. Also, these aren't all the bad beats I faced in the last two days, I also had a few more but I just can't seem to gather all of them in my mind.

I did hear about the Paradise rumor where every player loses money in order to keep the balance of things.

I had a good run with paradise poker. I made roughly $400 dollars this month alone off of it. But can anybody suggest any other good sites? I am thinking either Party/Empire Poker or Poker Stars.

Thank you so much if you got this far, I appreciate taking time in reading my post.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Paradise Poker. Is it just me?

before everyone jumps on this guy.. just relax.

to answer your question, no, paradise is not rigged. things happen. if you say you have a 98% chance of winning and lost, remember you had a 2% chance of losing.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:56 AM

OK now! Daryn is tired of throwing rocks into the water and scaring off the fish! Now, he wants to place some bandaids on the sharks egos and help them back into the water! I used to think Daryn was on our side - but now I am not so sure...............

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2004, 02:31 AM

i don't care if a "scare away" some 1/2 fish. i was just blowing off some steam at the micro limits..

if you still don't understand, then just accept my apologies and forget about it i guess.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:55 AM

Ok...relax. I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 40, and I'm giving you 20 guesses. You have a 50% chance of being right. But, you miss . Now...relax I"m thinking of a number between 1-40, and this time you only get 3 guesses. what's that? , OMG, very good. Do it again, 3 guesses only. Come on, what're you reading my mind? Maybe you are . This time I close my eyes. Ok, relax, I have the number, Go! Wow! Very , Very good. How did you know it was 2 every time?
Relax, all kidding aside. when you start losing coin flips, it's one thing. But when you start losing bets where you've got a 13 sided object, and you've got 12 of the 13 sides covered, and you lose 6 or 7 of them in a row, well my friend, relax would not be the first word to come to mind. But this happens on all the sites I've played on .
Yes, stranger things have happened,but not while you're money was on the line. I've uninstalled Party and Stars in the last two days. Let their house players , or bad luck go somewhere else for awhile. then relax....
Old 09-01-2004, 07:17 AM

Well, I'm trying to relax because my good old insomnia has kicked in and I can't get to sleep.

I have to say, your post has done absolutely nothing to help me relax.

Oh well.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:56 AM

I only read the first bad beat story - If the rest are anything similar then give me a break - LOL!!!

Do a search for my paradise bad beat story... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2004, 09:20 AM

Anyway, I'm just wondering if this is Paradise or if it's just unbelievable flukes people are having against me.

i am PURPOSELY replying before i read the other responses.

1. this is GREAT news. fishiness and paradise were never uttered in the same breath until the recent growth boom.

2. as cliche as it sounds, poker is a long session. you are getting sucked out on by the fish in the last few sessions. play your A game and you will come to love what you came here to complain about.

Old 09-01-2004, 09:44 AM

You convinced me...it must be rigged. Seriously, if there's one site I trust 100% it is Paradise.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:50 AM

"I'm playing in a tourney and I have 10-7s the turn is 3-7-9 with one club, I am the chip leader and this guy goes all in (about 200 more to me) everyone folds and I call. The guy has a 9-2 of hearts. The turn is the 8. Now I have 20 outs: 2 sevens, 3 tens, 9 clubs, 3 jacks, 3 sixes to beat him. I don't get any of them. And this is considering the fact that in the same tournament I saw people catching two runners numerous times. "

I don't usually jump on any bad beat/siteis rigged posters, but suggesting that the site is rigged because you didn;t outdraw the best hand is a step too far. Outrageous fluke indeed. Is this some kind of joke?

Some more useful advice: if you don't like these kind of beats don't play tournaments. You end up all-in multiple times against nonsense hands because of the structure, and sometimes they'll end up beating you. That's not to say there aren't plent of beats in cash too, especially in limit, but I found they frustrated me a lot more in tournaments as often they meant having to start all over again.