Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 07:14 PM

Default FWIW - my Pokershare experience

Yesterday I thought I was joining a new poker site - Pokershare. I wanted to post because yesterday I answered two posts about "also being a UB member" and now I see that I was wrong.

The idea sounded great, and I thought this was a site's idea to combat the "rakeback" deals and to offer something along the lines of O'Doyle's ideas.........

Oops, my mistake. Everything said pokershare, but I was just joining Ultimate Bet. Since I already had an account there, I later found that I was only playing on the pokershare "logo" tables, and I just had another acount set up at UB, and I'm not able to get the "share" each quarter for my play [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

For those of you that make your living at UB, well, God Bless you! I don't play their often because I don't do well (which I guess really means that I am outplayed). I did get a 40% bonus with my new account, but after 5 hours I am stuck $47 (which I shouldn't bitch about since I was down $350 at one point), have $129 left in the bonus account, and am calling it quits.

Good idea Pokershare, and I wish you guys the best. Next time, give all the info upfront, instead of waiting until you have "spammed" a little and "peaked" our interest. It's my own fault, I suppose, but all this did for me was waste five hours of my time..................

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: FWIW - my Pokershare experience

I noticed the "Can I have an account at UB and Pokershare" question got dodged. Hopefully they can come out and state exactly what is up.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you have an account at UltimateBet are you allowed to have an account at PokerShare?

I do not see any information on your site regarding this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have an UltimateBet account you will be able to USE the software at PokerShare.com, however, you will not be a pokershareclient and therefore not entitled to sharepoints as you are an UltimateBet player not a PokerShare player.

Therfore if you require to earn sharepoints you must be PokerShare.com user.

I hope this makes sense

All the best

Max Wright

Poker Room Manager at Poker Share.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-19-2005, 08:26 AM

Of course that response says if you are an UB user you can use Pokershare, but to get sharepoints you must be a pokershare user.... Nowhere does it say you CANNOT be a pokershare user if you have an UB account! I am glad that an UB user can use either skin to login, and I would hope the reverse might be true as well... but the real question is can I signup on both!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course that response says if you are an UB user you can use Pokershare, but to get sharepoints you must be a pokershare user.... Nowhere does it say you CANNOT be a pokershare user if you have an UB account! I am glad that an UB user can use either skin to login, and I would hope the reverse might be true as well... but the real question is can I signup on both!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is pretty clear:

[ QUOTE ]

If you have an UltimateBet account...you will not be a pokershareclient and therefore not entitled to sharepoints

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-19-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If you have an UltimateBet account...you will not be a pokershareclient and therefore not entitled to sharepoints

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's definately creative use of the langauge. I agree with OP, they should just say "If you have an existing UB account, you are not entitled to a new account at PokerShare, and will not be allowed to gain poker 'shares'. "
Old 08-19-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again a business screwing over their current customers.

No better way to make people angry than offer something better than a permanent benefit to new players that existing players can't have.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:28 PM

The whole idea behind a new skin, is to bring in NEW players, not offer the old ones better benefits at their own expense... this shouldn't be too hard to understand!
Old 08-19-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole idea behind a new skin, should be to bring in NEW players, and keep the old ones happy too ... this shouldn't be too hard to understand!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 08-19-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and keep the old ones happy too

[/ QUOTE ]

Ultimate Bet players should be happy that the new skin will be bringing in more players (and more fish).

Its not clear what you think UB should do?

If they simply allow all their players to migrate to the new skin, they will substantially reduce their own profits!

This has already been demostrated by the Party model, where they didn't wake up to the slow burn on their user base, until the Party non-rakeback affiliates started complaining that they were losing players to the other skins rakeback affiliates.