[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Greedo shoots first in the Special Edition

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
thats the version ive seen. btw, what the f does it mean? im not a star wars nut, so i never understood.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Greedo shoots first, Han Solo killed him in self defense and is a 100% good guy that all the 12 year olds can love. If he doesn't, Han Solo is a murderer and later we have to feel conflicted about liking him.

Basically George Lucas started sucking, and went so far as to try and retroactively re-suck his older work.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Bad/stupid/improbable scenes of other wise good movies

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
thats the version ive seen. btw, what the f does it mean? im not a star wars nut, so i never understood.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Greedo shoots first, Han Solo killed him in self defense and is a 100% good guy that all the 12 year olds can love. If he doesn't, Han Solo is a murderer and later we have to feel conflicted about liking him.

Basically George Lucas started sucking, and went so far as to try and retroactively re-suck his older work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Original: Han is threatened by Greedo and shoots first, nonchalantly under the table, and flips the bartender a credit as if it'll take care of the mess. He's justified in doing so, as he has a bounty hunter pointing a gun at him, threatening to take his money (and NOT take it to Jabba) or his life.

New version: Han is threatened by Greedo, who shoots first AND MISSES AT POINT BLANK RANGE! Then Han shoots back. Though Han is even more justified than before, this has major suckage compared to the original.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Original: Han is threatened by Greedo and shoots first, nonchalantly under the table, and flips the bartender a credit as if it'll take care of the mess. He's justified in doing so, as he has a bounty hunter pointing a gun at him, threatening to take his money (and NOT take it to Jabba) or his life.

New version: Han is threatened by Greedo, who shoots first AND MISSES AT POINT BLANK RANGE! Then Han shoots back. Though Han is even more justified than before, this has major suckage compared to the original.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok i lied then. i didnt see the special edition of star wars
i saw the special edition of jasbsb when affleck says "that makes as much sense as greedo shooting first" or something to that affect. theres a star wars where greedo shoots first? i guess thats why i never understood afflecks line.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 08:24 PM

btw, the end of searching for bobby fischer made no sense. these two kids are supposed to be the next fischers, and the kid doesnt retire? he cant see 5 moves from now hes done? even after he queens he still thinks he is in command. even after josh queens, the kid doesnt even know hes in check? doesnt resign until after josh takes his queen? did he think josh wouldnt take it?
geez
Old 08-29-2005, 08:29 PM

there is a scene in the background of braveheart where the actors are clearly just dicking around.

also, the finger-blending/smoking scene in how high. how did that make it into the movie?
Old 08-29-2005, 08:37 PM

In regard to Die Hard and the metal detectors:
A Glock 17 contains no metal parts. So does not set it of.
The bullets however do.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:38 PM

Apocalypse Now

All that crap with Marlon Brando sucked.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:12 PM

I felt ripped off after the credits started rolling for THE NEVERENDING STORY and it had only been 90 Minutes
Old 08-29-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Two parts

When Jason Biggs gets Nadia from American Pie AND the chick from Saving Silverman
Old 08-30-2005, 12:21 AM

Default For me the clear winner is...

The ending of The Abyss, when the big lame spaceship rises from the deep sea all the way to the surface.

The movie should have instead ended with a typed message from Ed Harris' character to the other survivors saying something like, "you're not going to believe this..."; then fade to credits and leave the rest to our imagination. Better than a big fake looking rubber spaceship... imho.