Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 10-01-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Empire Poker\'s Royal Flush Club?

Hi, is anybody a member of the RFC? I was wondering what's the watch they feature on their page.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Empire Poker\'s Royal Flush Club?

use the search function
Old 10-01-2005, 08:16 PM

I know there are a couple of guys on this site that are in the club. Not sure what the watch is but they have said that it's nice. Also, a couple of guys just recently played enough hands to get the free TV.

As for the "use the search" thats a lame response. Why even respond. This guy has a question and posted it to a forum that answers these types of questions. Also, the search function is way over rated and confusing as hell, especially when compared to other sites. For the majority of people on this site the search function returns absolute garbage. I suppose if you know how to use search language it may be helpful but lets be honest only a handful of people on this site know how to effectivley use it...I am not one of them.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:07 PM

thanks a lot. Yeah, I found a couple of threads, but none of them really mentioned the watch.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the "use the search" thats a lame response. Why even respond. This guy has a question and posted it to a forum that answers these types of questions. Also, the search function is way over rated and confusing as hell, especially when compared to other sites. For the majority of people on this site the search function returns absolute garbage. I suppose if you know how to use search language it may be helpful but lets be honest only a handful of people on this site know how to effectivley use it...I am not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto to the above......seems to be a spreading disease here to reply to genuine questions with smart ass answers/"use search" response. have we really got too good/busy/important/arrogant to answer questions from the "noobs"?

btw...to the OP, cant answer ur question....sorry for the little hijack rant [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the search function is way over rated and confusing as hell, especially when compared to other sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found that on almost every site I read, people say the search sucks compared to other sites. From my experience, the search function sucks on pretty much every internet message board in existence.

That said, I think most people use this as an excuse to never search for anything. Someone else will either answer them or will do the search and give them a URL with the answer. And that's weak... My feeling is search first, then ask away.

Acme
(Not meaning this is what the OP did...just that it is common.)
Old 10-01-2005, 10:21 PM

I believe MicroBob is a member of the RFC. I'm working my way up but it's taking forever because I only play cash games. I've played about 40K hands at empire (30K at 2/4, the rest at 1/2), and I have about 1000 points of the 25K it takes to be a RFC member. If you play tournaments you get there faster. I have heard people mention that they got jumped to VIP around 1000 points which allows you to gain points faster. Hopefully I will get bumped soon.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:35 PM

I (and several other 2+2'ers) am in the RFC.

Some players get bumped to 5k points after their first 1k or so.
Other players NEVER get bumper to 5k.
Nobody knows what their criteria are.
you might get bumped...or you might not.

The watch is a Citizen's something or other.
silver watch with a blue face (and a little empire logo on it).
Someone said it retails for around $150.
It's not a half-bad watch.

far more important for reaching 15k points is the free $100/mth.
you deposit $1k each month and they just GIVE you $100 (no raked-hands requirement or anything...you just get the cash direct into your account).
In fact, since it's Oct 1 now I need to make my deposit to get my free $100 (takes a couple days usually before they transfer the money to you).

While the $100/mth is far more important...the watch is reasonably nice (as is the TV you get at 25k points).
Old 10-02-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, is anybody a member of the RFC? I was wondering what's the watch they feature on their page.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this one a couple weeks ago.

It's not a bad watch.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:37 AM

I just ot bumped to VIP. I had 3k points in my accont. I ried a few MTT's and a few dasy later got the bump. No clue as to how I got it. It seemed playing ring games only did not do it.

Anyone et bumped up from VIP?