Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 05:57 PM

Default The Great Exodus (no hand content)

It's been some time since the split, and I'm wondering on how people think this has affected game quality on Party and skins. I currently only play Empire, but I've still been able to find games. There are obviously fewer tables, but I found the 5/10 6-max games got juicier if anything. I'm struggling at 10/20 and 15/30, but I never played these limits before the split. They are certainly beatable though - I wouldn't call them tough games (at least not when I'm sitting). Aside from limiting the game selection, few of the awful warnings came to pass.

However I can only see things from one side. I'm interested in the experiences of players who opened new Party accounts or returned to their old ones. How would you compare the games at Party to skins? What makes them better or worse? The number of tables, the relative % of skilled and unskilled players, the rakeback available at skins, etc? Overall, which site has proved more profitable for you?
Old 11-04-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: The Great Exodus (no hand content)

I left right after the switch and went to Stars, but that last week was pretty juicy on the skins. There were a lot more rocks than I find on Stars, but probably the same amount of donors. Maybe that is related to r*keb*ck.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:24 PM

I am lazy and play at off-peak times so for me the skins are a pain: very few tables running, lots of waiting time. When I've played there the games have been no worse than in the past. More rocks than calling stations, but rocks give up their blinds a lot and I like that.

The skins at the moment feel a lot like Paradise in 2001.

Guy.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:36 PM

I was curious about this so I cracked open my old eurobet client to take a look at the 5/10 situation. On a friday afternoon, there are 9 (Nine) total 5/10 6max tables. Are you telling me all these 9 games are so juicy that you can find 4 playable tables?
Old 11-04-2005, 07:32 PM

My best RB deal is on Euro, and the tables typically aren't very good during the times I have to play (Evenings central US).

Weekend afternoons can be ok, but by and large Party or Stars is just easier.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:04 PM

Its roughly the same. Right after the split, the games were hella juicy because the Eurobet tags hadn't invaded, but its pretty much back to the status quo for me.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:14 PM

no reason to not play at party
Old 11-05-2005, 12:32 AM

i noticed you said 15/30...did you redeposit since that two months ago or so when you said you cashed almost all of your roll and were back to playing 2/4 and planning to build back up?
Old 11-05-2005, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i noticed you said 15/30...did you redeposit since that two months ago or so when you said you cashed almost all of your roll and were back to playing 2/4 and planning to build back up?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think that was me, but I went on a big rush at 3/6 and 5/10 in September. I also got some very helpful coaching. I only sit at 15/30 when table conditions advise, but I'm still not confident in my ability to beat the game where I am. (My roll is 400 BB at 15/30.) I'm also only about 0.5 BB/100 over 15k hands of 10/20. I know the sample size is too small, but that's still too slim for me when I don't know I'm a winner. Based on this thread I think a move to party might be imminent, despite the lack of rakeback.