Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 02:59 PM

Default my homework

here are a couple of hands my coach thought i should post.
hand one:
flop raiser is 53/10/1.4, so he looks to be pretty aggressive. anybody 3-bet the flop? obviously i whiffed on the turn. given the way the hand played, does anybody favor a turn donk over the c/r attempt? anybody attempt to c/r again on the river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks.

River: (5.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

hand two:
I'm really weak in the blinds. flop bettor is extremely loose/passive, but over a very small sample. he seems to have a little gambool in him postflop - his river aggression is 3 and his overall is like 1.3. somebody give me a better line.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB
Old 10-29-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: my homework

not 3-betting the flop after a coldcall seems awfully lame. bottom two is a very vulnerable hand.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:03 PM

i 3bet the flop in hand 1 and i bet the flop in hand 2
Old 10-29-2005, 03:11 PM

your line in hand one is fine. the turn isn't getting checked around very often. i generally 3bet the flop, but i dont think it matters much

bet the flop in hand two
Old 10-29-2005, 03:19 PM

I'm with everyone else on hand 1 with the flop 3bet.

Hand 2: I'm with you on this. If we bet out here with 3 opponents, we're going to be real hard pressed to bet again on the turn or the river if OOP. Seems like just spewing chips without getting to a showdown if we bet this flop. Check fold and go to the next hand.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:16 PM

When you are posting PT numbers always tell us over how many hands.

Hand 1 i usually three bet the flop- if you're read is that he is aggressive i will often three bet the flop and then go for a turn c/r with a hand as strong as yours, but going for a straight up check raise isn't to bad. I would not try for a river c/r after missing the turn.

Hand 2 is very very weak- mid pair type hands with crap kickers are the reason the blinds are so hard to play. In general betting out or checking and making up your mind after watching the action are pretty close plays imo- and i like to mix them up. On this hand i wouold bet out as you only have one guy who put money in voluntarily and he limped on the button, so you should have the best hand a reasonable % of the time here.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:24 PM

Hand 1, I would 3-bet the flop the majority of the time.

Hand 2, sometimes I like betting, sometimes I check and see how the action develops behind me. Here, I think betting is slightly better, with a poster and a button limper behind you.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

word.

53/10/1.4 is not "pretty aggressive" it's very loose/passive, and more generally, bad. You need a ton of hands before you start paying close attention to the aggro number. I do look at aggro stats but I am very hesitant to draw conclusions from them. If the number is very low or very high over 100+ hands then I pay attention. If it's average I usually ignore it.

/mc
Old 10-29-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

word.

53/10/1.4 is not "pretty aggressive" it's very loose/passive, and more generally, bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those stats can be very aggressive. If he's playing more than half his hands, and just 20% of them for a raise, yet still betting and raising postflop more than he is calling, he's very aggressive. It could also mean that he folds a lot rather than calling.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:09 PM

I'm with the others. 3-bet hand1, since you didn't, I would try for some sort of a raise on the turn.

hand2 I would lead the flop just about always.