Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: a hand i misclicked and may like

i bet ahigh often on the turn against opps who i dont think will cr bluff.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i usually cr the flop all day. heres what happens: villain calls the cr and folds the turn unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]
Another way to exploit this is to take some stabs at flops like this with your hands that miss especially something like 87s on this flop where you have some backdoor potential. I tend to think most people are somewhat exploitable in not recognizing bluff inviting boards and the adjustments they should make in calling raises on them.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dont you think his likelihood of having an ace is reduced by the turn check on a super raggedy board.

[/ QUOTE ]

people seem to be missing that. i'm pretty sure this guy is betting his ace highs on the turn. an actual read beyond just the stats would be helpful, because he really could be capable of checking behind planning on calling the river, but i don't expect it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I check this turn with an ace on a somewhat regular basis at 10/20. There are many players who will smooth call this flop and c/r the turn knowing that an A-high will likely have to fold, and I really would like to get to showdown on such a ragged board, even at the sacrifice of giving a free card to a 5-outer. If he's a smart player (which is hard to represent with just the stats, but certainly seems more likely for a 30/15ish type), then I think his turn check can mean a majority of hands including an A that wants to go to showdown.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:08 PM

I think the board is too naked to check twice as it makes it pretty easy for him to gain or save bets.

IŽll mix between bet out, check-raise or check-call, bet turn.

The way you played I think check-raising the river is fine as he may not call A-high anyway and will probably bet if he checked a medium pair behind on the turn.