Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 11:20 AM

Default It worked, but too agg???

Here it is with my thoughts on every street.
Absolute .50/1

Hero on button with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG limps, MP calls, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>,
called around.

<font color="green">Standard </font>

Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets, MP calls, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, called around.

<font color="green"> Build pot up and hopefully get a free card after turn if misses. </font>

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG bets, MP folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises</font>, UTG reraises, <font color="red">hero caps </font> , UTG calls.

<font color="green"> got nut flush draw plus st8 draw so get more money in there </font>
EDIT: Im raising regardless, on the UTG RR, i figure with the Pot odds, im getting the extra bets in there.

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: It worked, but too agg???

On the flop I think it's either call or raise. I count to 8.5 outs (3 for OC, 1.5 BDFD, 4 for the gutshot).

I'm just calling the turn. With 12 outs to the nuts you are still an underdog.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:34 AM

grunch

I don't know about my flop. I would be tempted to raise him and I think I do that 50% of the time here. 50% raise and 50% call here. I don't raise the turn and I certainly not cap it. I am way behind here and the only card that can save me is a J and a club. I don't think a K or Q is good for me anymore. I call behind to his bet.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:34 AM

I'm counting 13 outs on the turn. Call the turn and wait for a hand to raise the river
Old 12-07-2005, 11:37 AM

I would play the flop the exact same way, with the hopes of getting a free card. The turn is helpful, but you're still behind. I think raising as a semi bluff is reasonable if you think he might fold, but that's probably not happening at these levels.

Capping puts in too much money on the turn when you are certainly behind. I would just call his bet, and this would especially be the case if there had been other people in the hand that you would not want leaving.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:41 AM

PF is fine.

I think you're better off calling on the flop for a few reasons.

#1 - You probably don't have as many outs as you think you have. There's a good chance that hitting a K or Q could make you a second best hand. Given the seeming level of aggression that you play with - this would be bad.

#2 - Raising isn't really gaining you value. By my estimations, it's pretty close to your hand even having 1/3 equity in the pot - and I think it's actually a little bit below 1/3.

#3 - By only calling on the flop - you keep UTG in the betting lead on the turn which will allow you to gain some value on a BB street if you hit. (You've also made it easier for MP to call 1BB and get trapped on the turn because he won't fear a raise since you just called the flop)

Overplaying draws/overcards like this is going to cost you $$$ in the long term. Also, the free card flop play is overrated. Use it sparingly and understand why and when you should and shouldn't be using it.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:44 AM

your equity on the turn is only 28% (I think, please correct if wrong), so I'm definitely not capping. I want at least 2 more people in the pot to cap. (again please correct if necessary)
Old 12-07-2005, 11:46 AM

Hi Jerbear the turn is major spewage. I you clearly have the pot odds to call but do not have enough pot equity to raise.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:47 AM

call teh turn, you have a good draw, but not enough equity to raise, let alone cap.
nice river.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your equity on the turn is only 28% (I think, please correct if wrong), so I'm definitely not capping. I want at least 2 more people in the pot to cap. (again please correct if necessary)

[/ QUOTE ]

No you got it newby except his pot equity is actually 26%(12 outs)