Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 03:27 PM

Default AJo - tapping the brakes

I'm still not quite comfortable with responding to a flop bet/3-bet. Cap the flop here? I wanted to raise the turn, but figured I was in a WA/WB situation, so I went for overcalls. MP2 had either a set or a flush draw, given his pre-flop action. With that in mind, was it foolish not to protect my hand? The two overcallers are really loose. MP2 has decent stats - 23/6/1.45. I just feel I missed out on a raise somewhere.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (14.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 16.16 BB
Old 11-19-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: AJo - tapping the brakes

Nice hand, I play it the same.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:09 PM

ugh, crappy river card, although it could have been worse. Now you only have an Ace and a blank card in your hand. Sure you'll be called by a king more often than not here, but chances are you're splitting with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] here.

About your WA/WB comment... there are two flush draws and 4 players in the pot... definitely not the case.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:10 PM

ni han
Old 11-19-2005, 04:16 PM

He can't have AK or AQ cuz he would have raised so your kicker is not the problem. Now all you have to be worried about is A2 etc... for two pair or a baby pocket. A raise on the turn would definitely tell you because I don't see players 3 bet the turn on flush draws. If you get called then good, you have the best hand, if you get raised, hope for the board to pair and improve your hand. I think you played it fine though....