Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Extremely Successful Player Raises EVERY hand...

[ QUOTE ]
Also, knowing how frequently he raises, it also makes it more difficult for players to try and limp in front with marginal hands because they know there is a good chance of a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

So in other words his style forces others to either play more correctly (not limping in with a marginal hand) or have the opportunity to reraise him with their premium hands( the result is him being forced off his hand).

Hmmmmmmm.........
Old 02-13-2005, 02:00 PM

Wakeup,

If he could play a raised pot against only premium hands while he is on the button, he would take that all day, every day.

As far as raising with premium hands, I have played thousands of hands with him, if you don't have AA or KK, my money is on him every time. How often is he going to be up against AA or KK? In terms of percentages, he is way ahead.

And the few times you do reraise with AA or KK, he is a very smart player and will get out of the way with certain hands, but will stay in and bust you with PPs and suited connectors when possible.

I think he really loves your reraises, it nails you down pretty tightly, which he then uses to his advantage.

The trick with this guy is you can't analyze any single aspect and apply it to general poker theory. It is his overall game that makes him so successful, which is what I am trying to figure out [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] For some players forcing other players to play better hands would be a bad thing, but he works it to his advantage...

Again, this guy is one of the highest winning players both in amount won and BB/100. So he knows what he is doing. He knows what most of us are doing, lol.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:22 AM

If you knew he was raising with marginal hands, and you had a premium hand, would it not be better to just push PF to his raise? This does not give him any opportunity to outplay you post flop. Overall this should leave you as a net winner. You can begin to notice which hands he will fold, and which ones he will call with, and that will start to give you a better idea of what he is going to play, and what you should push against him with. I don't really know much at all about higher limits, so I could be way off base. Maybe people aren't as willing to put that much into a pot PF, but in a lower limit game, if I saw a guy with 40% VP$IP that raised every time, I would throw my $25 or so in everytime with ATo, TT, KJs etc, and probably come out a net winner.