Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you base your tip on?
Service is included (I pretend I'm European) 4 5.00%
Total with tax 47 58.75%
Pre-tax total 29 36.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: I\'m stunned

[ QUOTE ]
that 73% of people call this game "Beer Pong".

clearly, the game played on ping pong tables, with ping pong balls, and ping pong paddles, deserved the name beer pong. This game is quite similar to traditional ping pong, except beer cups/drinking are added to the table.

the above game, which can be played on any table, w/o paddles, and which uses ping pong balls, is just a ball throwing game w/ cups. it does not deserve the name beer pong. it is still a fun game, but really has little to do with ping pong.

[/ QUOTE ]

In high school we called it Beirut. I liked the name and I was determined to represent when I got to college, but so many of my friends called it beer pong, and what's worse, nobody knew what I was talking about whenever I said Beirut. So I just gave in.

I did vote Beirut for old time's sake though.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Beer Pong Poll

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm confused, what's wrong with stacking the empties? What do you just throw them on the floor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Put them along the side of the table in a one by one/wall set up. This keeps the ping pong ball on the table as well as keeping the bottom/sides of cups from touching the inner portion of the cup (hygeine please!).

[/ QUOTE ]

The keeping the cups clean is real important in a game where the ball is being dipped in sludge water after each shot. When I play we usually use new cups for each setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes a difference. We change our water after each game, and we play in the middle of the woods and our cups last us an entire night. You change after each game? You guys don't play a lot do you? You crazy college kids can't be purchasing 500 solo cups. That's insanity.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm confused, what's wrong with stacking the empties? What do you just throw them on the floor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Put them along the side of the table in a one by one/wall set up. This keeps the ping pong ball on the table as well as keeping the bottom/sides of cups from touching the inner portion of the cup (hygeine please!).

[/ QUOTE ]

The keeping the cups clean is real important in a game where the ball is being dipped in sludge water after each shot. When I play we usually use new cups for each setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes a difference. We change our water after each game, and we play in the middle of the woods and our cups last us an entire night. You change after each game? You guys don't play a lot do you? You crazy college kids can't be purchasing 500 solo cups. That's insanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's this thing called "Sam's Club" in the midwest. You can buy 50000000 Solo Cups for what it costs us for 50 in NYC.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

New cups for each setup? You guys must be rich, by the end of the night that would be well over 500 cups. I hate the blowing aspect but was playing with some people who use it and got into an arguement with them. If you blow it out of the cup and it bounces into another cup does that count for two cups or one?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you blow it out of the cup and it bounces into another cup does that count for two cups or one?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only one because if you blow it out, it was never officially in the first cup to begin with.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:56 PM

The game is Beirut. Three people per team, ten cups per person, any formation. The cups must be 9 ounces. The cups in that picture are way too big -- no skill invoved. No blowing allowed. Bounces/deflections are allowed, however once the ball hits the table or rim the opposition may defend. After you drink a cup, you put it back. If the other team hits the empty, that person drinks. If you're drinking like a slow ass pussy and someone hits that cup again, everyone on your team drinks one. And let me say again, those cups are way, way too big.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The game is Beirut. Three people per team, ten cups per person, any formation. The cups must be 9 ounces. The cups in that picture are way too big -- no skill invoved. No blowing allowed. Bounces/deflections are allowed, however once the ball hits the table or rim the opposition may defend. After you drink a cup, you put it back. If the other team hits the empty, that person drinks. If you're drinking like a slow ass pussy and someone hits that cup again, everyone on your team drinks one. And let me say again, those cups are way, way too big.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is with all this racking? After you drink the cup, put it back where it was. If the other team hits the empty, they drink a cup. There's way more skill involved this way.

Also, do you really all use those big ass cups?
Old 11-15-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about you guys but where I'm from the feeling towards people who "stack" empty cups ranges from contempt to outright hatred.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never even heard of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel a slight sorrow, like someone who doesnt wipe their ass or something...like weren't you taught this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't think he recognizes it. Stacking cups is when you just put a cup inside another cup when it is empty and no longer in use; its dirty.

[/ QUOTE ]

just to clarify, I don't feel this way about Evan, I was responding to the OP who was listing his range of emotions when seeing stackers.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about you guys but where I'm from the feeling towards people who "stack" empty cups ranges from contempt to outright hatred.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never even heard of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate Evan

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't think he recognizes it. Stacking cups is when you just put a cup inside another cup when it is empty and no longer in use; its dirty.

[/ QUOTE ]

just to clarify, I don't feel this way about Evan, I was responding to the OP who was listing his range of emotions when seeing stackers.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? you clearly stated you mean Evan.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:14 PM

lol.