Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2005, 01:52 AM

Default 87s, straight flush draw, too weak...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

Preflop: This is a very borderline call for me. Table was passive and I expected a few more callers.

Flop: Pretty standard.

Turn: The checkraise threw me off. I got 15 outs here, so 3-betting seems the best play with 2 callers coming along, but how many outs of these are clean?

River: I dont like to fire chips into pots with baby flushes as it seems to backfire on me alot as typically I am only getting better hands to stay with me, so I cannot tell if my play here is super weak or borderline decent.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: 87s, straight flush draw, too weak...

I probably just call this flop with hopes that I can get a call/3-bet in.

I actually like the river call. Not so much because of UTG+2 (who you have slaughtered) but because MP3 will have a bigger flush then you a good amount of the time.

Brad
Old 01-08-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably just call this flop with hopes that I can get a call/3-bet in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was actually one of my questions but for some reason I removed it.

On the flop I couldnt decide between raising or calling, hoping for some more people to come along as I dont know if its better to have people with high lone hearts or single straight cards (Jacks) coming along for the ride or trying to get rid of them now.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:07 AM

The idea of knocking out big [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s is an important one when the pot is big. When the pot is small, I usually try to get a good price on my draw.

Brad
Old 01-08-2005, 02:10 AM

I think I'd check the turn, as I doubt I'll take the pot right here, and I'm not confident at all in my non-heart jack outs.

I would raise the river, but since Shill wouldn't, I suspect I'm wrong.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:31 AM

why do you want to 3 bet the turn? Getting 2.1-1 with only 2 callers this has no value. It isnt important how many outs are clean cause its hard to say in this hand. But the chance that your sometimes beaten by a higher flush or higher straight (notice that you have a one card straight if a jack comes) makes this move much more -EV.
What do you guys think about cheking the turn? The only hand i see folding here is a gutshot or weak hands who wont hurt you. Im not sure cause this feels so weak [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I actually like the river call. Not so much because of UTG+2 (who you have slaughtered) but because MP3 will have a bigger flush then you a good amount of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this if you have a read that Mp3 is a good player. Otherwise I think you should raise the river. Cold calling is nothing to party .50/1 players. He could have anything.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:46 AM

I think you played it fine. The one comment is that I try not to make it two cold on the flop for players when I am the on the draw, albiet a powerhouse like this. I would rather call here and invite others to call. If someone behind me raises, I can then re-raise to pump. But your flop play is not pumping the pot as much as it is driving out players with weak hands/draws that you don't fear anyway. Given your play of raising the flop, I think you need to check the turn unless you have a read that the bet might buy you the pot right there. 3 jacks are no good although I think you 6's are. I would also raise the river, although I am not sure how correct this play would be. I figure that I get the second bet from UTG+2 more often than MP3 overcalls and he could overcall 2. I try not to fear larger flushes for the first raise on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]