Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 06:00 PM

Default Can someone explain these \"Rakeback\" programs to me? I\'m clueless

What am I missing out on? I don't participate in any rakeback programs. I'd just like some details on this.

I already have an account at Party, how can take part in a rakeback offer?

Thank you.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Can someone explain these \"Rakeback\" programs to me? I\'m clueless

Basically you sign up through an affiliate who gets paid a portion of your total rake (i.e. 30%, but percentages vary). The affiliate then gives you a portion of there cut (i.e. 25%) at the end of each month. If you already have an account at Party you can't get rakeback there (without some effort and breaking of rules). There are many other sites that you can find affiliates who offer it.

Also, it's technically against the agreement at most (if not all) sites. However, this doesn't seem to present a problem for most people.

I was in your exact situation. I got affiliate offers by posting here, then opened an Empire acct. on a clean computer (search the boards if you don't know what that means) then just play Empire.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Can someone explain these \"Rakeback\" programs to me? I\'m clueless

On average, how much do you get back from the affiliate?
Old 09-29-2004, 10:31 PM

Depends on the affiliate. If you ask for affiliates to PM you you'll get multiple offering 25% (or atleast that was my experience at Empire).
Old 09-29-2004, 10:36 PM

So there's no way to get rake back for an existing account?

Well, how much do you get back? How much do you play? what limits?

Sorry if that seems intrusive, I'm just curious. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2004, 10:48 PM

Just started, haven't gotten my first payment yet. Others can maybe help. If you have Poker Tracker you can look at the total rake stat and take a percentage of that. It's not exactly right, but good enough for an estimate.

It can be a lot though for people who play a lot. Hundreds a month
Old 09-30-2004, 12:14 AM

I have multiple players that get around 400-500 a month, and a few that hit $1,000+ per month. The bigger players play multiple tables of 15/30, and a lot of the 400-500 players multi-table 1/2, 2/4, and 3/6

Ponks
Old 09-30-2004, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So there's no way to get rake back for an existing account?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do a search, you will find various posts on how to create a second account. You will also find various posts on why it is a bad idea.

I'm not on a rakeback prog and I personally have not attempted to create a second account.

SamJack
Old 09-30-2004, 12:48 AM

You are right, however it is perfectly legal to have more than one member of your household with a different account (verified by support e-mails). The problem is most likely the same person plays on all accounts. That is technically wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JAque
Old 09-30-2004, 03:51 AM

how does the affilate know how much each of the recruited players played, in other words, how does the affilate know what amount to pay the player.