Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2003, 03:21 PM

Default Another 5th street check (same game)

3- or 4- handed.

3rd: I have T7T, the ten is the highest card showing. A woman with a 2 brings it in, 4 (the LAP) calls, I raise, (a fold?, but I think yes), both woman and LAP call.

4th: Both catch higher than I (a blank for me) with the woman first to act and check-call my bet.

5th: One of them catches another card higher than T, the woman (2AJ) checks, the LAP (4K8) checks, and I (T64) check too.

6th: Both catch lower than ten and check to me, I quickly fire a bet with T64J showing, both call (suits again unimportant).

7th: Both check, I catch another J for jacks up and bet, the woman calls "and my hand is good" (I´m beginning to sound like Mason [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ).
Old 06-23-2003, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Another 5th street check (same game)

Reasonably played. Nothing wrong with checking fifth with an unimproved hand. Just realize you're inviting a bet from one of your opponents on sixth. Good bet when they both checked to you, as they've basically told you your tens are still boss.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:16 AM

Yeah, I also thought that this was a better check than in the other post when I was heads-up. Thank you for your opinion.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:09 PM

Well, the first one is very opponent dependent. Many opponents will call you down with a better hand but not bet it themselves. That's why it's not always bad to check when you don't have much. I don't think you make much value betting thin edges on late streets in stud, as long as you recognize that you will likely have to call a bet on the next street after you check against even moderately aggressive opponents.