Default Re: What\'s your pet peeve?

i dont know, whats youres?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:45 PM

hehe....he said "rectify"....that's so gay
Old 11-16-2005, 06:09 AM

People who are just plain inefficient.

Inefficiency affects everyone. It's like The Butterfly Effect (or something) where the unecessary and careless death of a butterfly centuries ago results in a somehow synergistic result of grossly negative consequences today.

Walking aimlessly at a county fair/mall/amusement park, failure to implement the cruise control function when traveling over 45mph, failure to immediately be in motion once the light turns green and you are first in line (especially if you're turning left and there's an arrow), and writing checks while debit cards are widely available and accepted pretty much anywhere are a few examples.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That and I have never heard a chick use the phrase 'douchebag'.

Nor have I heard a dude use it in reference to a woman...

It is women you're talking about, isn't it?

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

The tone of it as well as the use of gender neutrality makes me doubt it. He's talking about men.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The tone of it as well as the use of gender neutrality makes me doubt it. He's talking about men.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT is perfectly accepting of homoerotic tendencies (see Big Steve). It's when they insist on staying 3/4ths in the closet is when they are ridiculed.

PG
Old 11-16-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT is perfectly accepting of homoerotic tendencies (see Big Steve). It's when they insist on staying 3/4ths in the closet is when they are ridiculed.

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, no, I'm not gay (not there's anything wrong with that). I wasn't talking about sexual/romantic encounters in bars. The situation I was talking about happened twice, once with a man, once with a woman, and both were about 20 years older than me. We just had a friendly conversation (which they initiated), then they asked for my email address/phone number, and I never heard from them again. I just thought that was kinda dumb. It's not like I asked for their company.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:47 PM

This is a great thread with some true howlers in it. Well done, folks.

One small posting pet peeve I have is when somebody writes a post a minute or two after someone else with the same content; they go back and edit their post to say, "Oh, xxx just said the same thing but he types faster!" And that's it.

Why don't they just delete the post? I'll tell you why: because they're proud of themselves and want everyone reading the thread to know they came up with that joke/knew the answer to the question too. So they leave the edit in, but don't do the obvious thing which is just to delete the redundant post.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heh, no, I'm not gay (not there's anything wrong with that). I wasn't talking about sexual/romantic encounters in bars. The situation I was talking about happened twice, once with a man, once with a woman, and both were about 20 years older than me. We just had a friendly conversation (which they initiated), then they asked for my email address/phone number, and I never heard from them again. I just thought that was kinda dumb. It's not like I asked for their company.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't date(I have a g/f) , but I believe the rules of engagement stipulated than when future follow-up info is exchanged after the initial encounter, that qualifies as a 'pickup'.

This is doubly true in environments where alcohol consumption is prevalent.

By this definition, you've been picked up in bars by both men and women.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

PG
Old 11-16-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So they leave the edit in, but don't do the obvious thing which is just to delete the redundant post.

[/ QUOTE ]

PJ,

Yea that irritates me too. It's too bad some people here put as much effort into reaching their post count quotas as cops do to reach their citation quotas for moving violations.

And thats how thread that should have about 30 legitimate replies have 95 responses to wade through.

PG
Old 11-16-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Comments are intersperced:

people who talk and "analyse" during movies - I realize you know Jackie Chan is going to win the end from the beginning of the movie, but not everyone is as bright as you are.

unnecessary speed bumps - so you want people driving 70 MPH through your grandmother's retirement community?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahaha

[ QUOTE ]

being ignored - [ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] you