Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Libs, Dems: What should we do about Miers?

[ QUOTE ]
Democrats do not "support" gay marriage either. You can't use different variables for the public and the Democratic party and make comparisons between the two.

The Democratic Party supports legal agreements that provide equal rights as married couples. So does the public by around 53-40 (as per the latest Pew poll).

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that the support for gay marriage is not stronger among Democrates than Republicans? Tell me what the difference is between a civil union and a gay marriage? Seems like splitting hairs to me. BTW I have no problem with civil uninons, gay marriage or whatever you want to call it.

[ QUOTE ]
They support higher taxes for those making over 200,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep and I believe all the political spin that is offered. FWIW this is losing issue for the Democrats but I hope they continue with this approach.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you even trying to say something here?Are you even trying to say something here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure read Shaun's post and the caustic reply I responded to.

[ QUOTE ]
The better question to fit your hypotheses is "which party best represents public opinion on abortion?"

[/ QUOTE ]

So? What does this have to do with the response to Shaun's post?

[ QUOTE ]
The answer is the Democratic Party. The reason abortion may even out or even possibly help Republicans more is that there are more fervent pro-life people than there are fervent pro-choice people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has nothing to do with the reply to Shaun's post. A clear attempt to hijack the thread. If you want to start a separate thread on this I'll respond but this doesn't have anything to do with with Shaun's post or the caustic reply. Basically the reply to Shaun's post was stating that what Shaun said isn't true about the Democrats and I pointed out that it was true.