Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Anyone have experience with the PokerRoom $50+4\'s?

Hi all,
I won a ticket in a $7 satelite to one of the PokerRoom $50+4 daily multi-table tourneys. Well, come to find out, it can be used on any $50+4 tourney on the site. The multi-table tourneys usually pay out around $2-2.5k for top spot (down to $100 for the backmarkers)at around 150-200 or so entrants. Now, while the potential payout is better on the multi's, I figure to have a better chance at the $54 SnG. Does anyone have any experience with the PokerRoom $54's? How soft are they? Keep in mind, I'm currently playing the $11's at Party (started dabbling in the $22's).
Thanks in advance,
--propaganda
Old 08-03-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Anyone have experience with the PokerRoom $50+4\'s?

I've played a few (maybe 3 or 4) of the 54 multis on Poker Room. I've never cashed in them but they dont seem all that tough, just tighter than the lower buyin games.

You'll have to play more hands and take a few more chances than in the lower buyin tourneys there because there arent as many idiots calling down your monsters as in the lower buyin games.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:59 PM

Yeah, I cashed in a multi last night. But what I'm wondering is how soft the $54 SnG's are. The tickets won $7 Daily Qualifier work for any $54 tourney on the site (US Daily, Europe Daily, Long Kiss Goodnight, and the $54 SnG's). I'm considering using it for the SnG as there is a greater chance of cashing (unless they're super tough).

Also, how would one adjust to the fact that you are given T1500 chips instead of the T800 for the Party $11's?
--propaganda
Old 08-03-2005, 10:13 PM

I've played quite a few of them (ie. 400+). I did a big run of them when i was on a bad run on party, feeling that i needed the extra 500 starting chips. I have found them to be pretty soft. They are a softer than 50's on stars, probally not as soft as 50's on party, however the extra chips allows greater skilled players to compensate for this. The reason I don't play them more often is because at off peak times they can take forever to full up (where as party fulls in seconds). I can't give you my ROI for the sit and go's do do my poor record keeping, but I would estimate it's pretty high.

As for multi's, I have played quite a few on pokerroom and with great success. Made a number of final tables in these few as well as a few wins. I have found them to be soft. I don't play them more often because I find the software and structure to be far better on stars, which allows me to consentrate better and play better. I often find myself not playing my A game on pokerroom multi's. Also, pokerroom doesn't have a TLB, where as stars does, which i find helps motivate me to play well.

You best chance at getting some cash is obv the sit and go, however the multi maybe a good chance for a nice payday if you're a solid player.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:23 PM

Hey, thanks a lot for the heads up.
--propaganda