Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 01:59 PM

Default 3/6 hand from lunch

Party Poker 3/6 Omaha/8 (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls $6 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (29 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 31 BB

I wasn't sure about capping the turn, but against 3 opponents, it felt right.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: 3/6 hand from lunch

I think I cap this on the turn every time for the rest of my life. I wish all my omaha hands worked out like this one. If I count correctly you have 27 outs with one card to come, and any of those 27 outs give you a pretty powerful hand. The only thing that might leave you short changed on the pot is the 6,7, or 8 but hell, three of em are hearts anyways so I think you are fine.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:53 AM

What did the SB have? A A 2? For him to come back at you like that, he must have had something strong. It sure didn't seem to slow him down.

I kept trying to put him on a high hand, but I couldn't see how he would play it that fast with any other hand unless it looked a lot like your hand. In which case you are splitting the pot with him unless the hearts come.

I'm guessing he held A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Dave
Old 06-09-2005, 10:08 AM

SB had KKA4 with A4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB had JTT9ds with the JT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. Obviously, he had no clue. Button must have had A2xx or some kind of wrap/low hand probably with clubs as well.