Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: $109\'s... Boring line check for Tinkerbells...

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG+1 (t925)
MP1 (t1100)
Hero (t930)
MP3 (t1685)
CO (t1050)
Button (t865)
SB (t855)
BB (t1000)
UTG (t1590)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t30, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to t125</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t230

This feels so wrong. By the way, this is more than just a pf question. If you're not doing what I'm doing, what is your plan for the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your line, and I agree with tigerite's reasoning. I'm often on the fence with raising hands like this, but I am still in favor of limping and folding to a big raise with TT. With JJ, that ever controversial hand, I think I would raise here. 99 I would definitely limp.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:38 PM

I like the limp fold if the raisers any good.
If you are willing to play a bigger pot with 1010 here then you need to open and go broke on a low card flop or open and fold to a reraise (assuming villan isn't a total donk)
Old 11-15-2005, 03:47 PM

Ill skip the part about raising yourself PF...But I'd call here mainly because I am closing the action and am very likely to get paid off if I hit my set. Most other flops I might as well check-fold as I dont see a probe bet doing much good here. I can see arguments for dumping this hand too, because, in essence, it really DOES become a set-no bet type of situation and I'm not sure your implied odds are there (you'd have to get paid 100% of the time).

Just add that if villain were very agro I could play this hand for its obvious value.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ill skip the part about raising yourself PF...But I'd call here mainly because I am closing the action and am very likely to get paid off if I hit my set. Most other flops I might as well check-fold as I dont see a probe bet doing much good here. I can see arguments for dumping this hand too, because, in essence, it really DOES become a set-no bet type of situation and I'm not sure your implied odds are there (you'd have to get paid 100% of the time).

Just add that if villain were very agro I could play this hand for its obvious value.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do on an 842rb flop?
Old 11-15-2005, 04:28 PM

On an undercard flop, I am busting to a higher pair and snapping off a continuation bet. This works even better OOP because you can check-raise.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed)

SB (t1645)
BB (t860)
UTG (t2150)
UTG+1 (t400)
MP1 (t990)
MP2 (t975)
MP3 (t1055)
CO (t970)
Hero (t955)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t45</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls t30.

Flop: (t100) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises all-in [t910]</font> , BB calls [t705].

Turn: (t1920) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t1920) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t1920

BB has K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (one pair, sixes).
Hero has T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, tens and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins t1920.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BB has K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (one pair, sixes).
Hero has T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, tens and sixes).

[/ QUOTE ]

Depsite my lack of experience at this level, I am very surprised this happened in a 1000 chip Party SnG (mostly the flop call of your push).
Old 11-15-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you raise 99 here? (I agree with you about raising TT here).

[/ QUOTE ]

i would raise TT and limp 99.

after the raise, i think folding is fine. well, painful, but probably right.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depsite my lack of experience at this level, I am very surprised this happened in a 1000 chip Party SnG (mostly the flop call of your push).

[/ QUOTE ]

It shocked the hell out of me that AK called, for sure. As Phil Gordon might say, he's got no pair, no draw. I pushed because I don't see an overpair overbetting the pot like that. He's scared of his hand but thinks it ought to win, so he makes a &gt;pot sized bet. I want to raise such that he gets less than 2:1 to call, so that's at least 350 more on top of the 125, making my raise to 425. Since that's ~half my stack, I just pushed. Maybe he's just keeping me honest or something. Who knows...

Anyway, that's how I'm playing an undercard flop. With overcards, I'm check-folding to any serious bet.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do on an 842rb flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this guy is pretty solid I dont even like my chances on this flop...I would probably waste a probe bet and back down to a raise (Unless he is raising with AK there what do you beat? 99?)...

Not saying that is a good play (wasting a bet) just saying that that's what I'd probably do...I think Hero's stack is such where the odds of villain folding are not good enough to throw that portion of your stack out there...tricky hand...I feel for OP. I can see why he might fold it PF.

raise PF
Old 11-15-2005, 07:15 PM

Yeah, I think this is a raise preflop, but I don't think limping is the end of the world. Nevertheless, probably incorrect.

When it gets back to me I basically have to decide if I want to play TT for my stack because I'm not getting odds to play for set value and I am never going to know where I am. If I called I'd virtually have to c/r all-in on almost every flop IMO. If I probe bet, half my stack is in there and I get nothing from overcards, so I think here I have to c/r. I wasn't comfortable playing "a big pot" like inyaface said (which is basically a pot for my stack) so I didn't. I think the limp is meh, and the fold is fine, but I should've raised.