Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Aviation Club de France

[ QUOTE ]
There are in fact only a half-dozen tables in the main room. Your chance of finding a low-limit hold'em game at the ACF is virtually zero, unfortunately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I kinda figured, it just didnt' add up. Guess I'll have to get good and rich before stepping food in those doors [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 08:03 AM

i went to the A.C.F. yesterday, and i am very glad i did. i sat down at the 2/2 nl hold 'em only table. it had a 30 min/200 max buy-in. i bought in for 120 b/c a lot of people were buying in for much less (around 50 euro).
the players were all VERY bad. i caught some good cards at the beginning and went up to about 600 before ending the day at about 450.
other notes:
yes, there is a dealer that looks a lot like mila kunis...extremely hot.
language--for a while, there were a few of us that spoke english, and most of the french guys knew enough to get buy, so the whole table was speaking english for the most part. after a few hours, some of them filtered out, and more french people came in. this lead to french being spoken almost exclusively. however, all the dealers could speak decent english.
i had a really good time. i would suggest to anyone visiting paris that they play a while. everyone was very nice to me. i think the dealers liked me b/c i tipped after every hand(most did not tip at all).
non-alcoholic drinks are free.
also, it is very hard to bluff the europeans. i wouldn't suggest trying.
i think that's about it.

mflo
Old 11-23-2005, 11:48 AM

People don't tip there since you are paying well more than double the standard US rake. Depending on the limits you play it's 3 or 4 times what you would pay here.

Those who populate the tipping threads by arguing we shouldn't have to tip should check out the chop at ACF to see the alternative. 500 euro buy-in no limit is 30 euros an hour, 10-20 limit is 20 and hour, and they don't level off like they do here. Here if you are paying $5 a half for 10-20 you are only paying like $7 or so for a 40-80 game and maybe $10 for 100-200. There you pay 35e for a 40-80 or 50e for 100-200. Or try playing the 100-200 blind no-limit game with a 100 euro timecharge.