Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 09:50 PM

Default AKo comes up empty

No reads; hasn't been one orbit yet.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

I bet because I think I'm best, but knowing this bet won't take it down.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Why did I check right here? If I thought I was good before, who does this brick help?

River: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Given the way I played the turn, can I bet here? I just gave someone a free Jack.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Meh.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: AKo comes up empty

AK that misses the flop is a hard hand to play against another PFR. I might fire again on the turn against unknowns, but the way you played it, when the opportunity comes for a free showdown I take it because you're not going to fold any better hand after you checked the turn.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when the opportunity comes for a free showdown I take it because you're not going to fold any better hand after you checked the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

But will a worse hand pay me off? AQ? AJ? Ax? And is it worth it for the times that I bet and some small pocket pair calls and wins?
Old 10-15-2005, 10:16 PM

NH. I think one of my leaks is betting this river.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:00 AM

I like your play here. I would bet this turn against unknowns a good portion of the time, but if there is any aggression at the table it's better to get the free showdown.

It's not a total brick because it pairs the board, but it's close enough. I'm thinking another bet on 4th street vs. some passive opponents will fold at least one of these guys.

All in all, nh.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:16 AM

I don't understand your check on the turn. That turn isn't really a brick--it helps your hand. If the SB (ok, it's a sick idea) holds A2s or K2s, this 4 helps your hand immensely. Of course, it's way more important that if you were ahead on the flop, the 4 ensures you are still ahead on the turn.

I think your turn betting frequency in this spot should be 100% against unknown players.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:49 AM

Your line is pretty good. I think I prefer betting the turn in order to get calls from weaker aces and various broadway combinations. If both call, I check the river. If one calls, I probably still bet any non-broadway river (in this case, with the J, I would check). I'm a n00b...I'm probably wrong.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:58 AM

Bet the turn and play poker if someone raises. Thinking about betting on the river is crazy in this situation. I would only bet on the end if UTG+1 calls the turn and the other dude folds.

Brad
Old 10-16-2005, 06:34 AM

bet again on the turn, and check behind on river UI.

if raised on the turn, or bet into on the river id prob fold... but i dunno if thats a good idea [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 07:05 AM

hmm sorry for my stupid cmt but why dont you post who won ?