Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: AKo comes up empty

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn and play poker if someone raises. Thinking about betting on the river is crazy in this situation. I would only bet on the end if UTG+1 calls the turn and the other dude folds.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm raised on this turn, can I do anything but fold? I've called down turn cr's from 60/20 guys over 150 hands (because they have to be full of it right?) only to see 88 or something similar. Raises seems to mean the goods at 2/4, whereas at 1/2 I could call down or reraise and be confident I'll win a decent amount of the time.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:37 PM

I"m someone newb at the more subtle play too, but I agree with those betting the turn. Your hand can still improve, the 4 helped no one. If they raise, yeah you may have to fold, or look at your odds. But on a call, checking the river here is nice.

To the last poster, you don't give the results as a form of etiquette mostly. So the commentary is on the hand, but not how you either won or lost. Unless its really relevant, it comes off mostly looking like a Bad beat story.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:14 PM

ah ok that makes sense, just a little confused there thx [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]