Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: how do i play toptwo

hmmm...thats tough...u are almost always ahead or splitting here (3-1 your favor, discounting AQ and if he opens QQ-AA and AK only).

Maybe c/c, donk-3bet turn. Free card on the turn would be kind of sucky (not because of a draw out or anything), but its not that bad if hes folding to your turn bet but will only call your river bet. c/c down, lead river...or c/c, donk turn/call raise and go from there.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:26 PM

i really think this guy just calls down AQ/AJ if you donk the turn. he knows you know how strong he is, and you're betting into him on an AKx board... i think he only raises the turn with a better/the same hand.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:27 PM

i edited my post to include other lines I would take. Also missed that villian was tag-ish player.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:26 AM

I would check call, then bet the turn.

I think this is suspicious enough as to get a worse hand to call the turn AND river, and if hes aggressive enough, you can bet to 3 bet the turn if he has an ace.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:34 AM

there are 3 ways you can play this hand. first are you basicilly saying if he gives action you are beat? i would expet even a tag to have A9-AQ a lot here. and i think you overestimate most people's folding ablity here. however, this is what i would do, either cr the flop, hoping to get 3 bet and then eitehr cr the turn, or if you think he will fold all the hands you beat, cr the river.

or lead the flop, execpt to get raised and then cr the turn.

however, if you are syaing if he gives action you are beat, which i have a very hard time beilieveing then i would check-call, check-call, check raise.

however, i would prolly cr the flop expect to get 3 bet and get a chance to cr anouther street.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:51 AM

if i got 3bet after a flop checkraise i would checkraise the turn and fold to a 3bet. i never said if i got action i was beat, thats what everyone else is saying. im saying i think hell fold to a flop cr with QQ and under the majority of the time. or hell call and fold turn.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:04 AM

Bet the flop.

1) If he raises then call down.
2) If he calls then you assume he is folding the turn if he holds TT-QQ. So, check the turn. If he checks then he probably has TT-QQ so you can bet the river and he'll probably call because your play is odd. If he bets the turn then you can assume he has a chopping hand or better and will fire again on the river, so I would check-call or the river.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:37 AM

I'd c/r flop. You can't squeeze blood from a turnip.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if i got 3bet after a flop checkraise i would checkraise the turn and fold to a 3bet

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point the pot is ~12bb right? Don't you think you tie or win here enough to spend two bbs calling down.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check call, then bet the turn.

I think this is suspicious enough as to get a worse hand to call the turn AND river, and if hes aggressive enough, you can bet to 3 bet the turn if he has an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet my roommate plays just like me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I echo this.

To add to the analysis: Say you checkcall the flop and villain has QQ or JJ or something. Now turn goes check/check. You bet river opponent makes call just to see/verify you aren't stealing with 88, QJ, etc. You'll win less this way since if they have QQ they'll almost for sure call your turn donk bet anyway (though maybe fold on the river).

As a final line, I also think: c/c, bet, c/r is a fine line too. This way will get one more bet out of aces who aren't aggro enough to raise you on the turn.