Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Trips versus Two Tone flop -- puzzled

Upon review of my biggest hand losers, I discovered that many involved instances when a pocket pair improved to trips on the flop only to be beaten by four flush drawer.

The majority of the time after hitting the trips, seeing the potential 4 flush draw, I would bet aggressively to take away the odds from the potential drawer-- pot sized bets, 2x pot bets-- only to be met with calls. Seems no matter what, including pushing all-in, some people will always take their suited cards on a four flush draw all the way to the river.

I know, in some of these instances, they had other outs as well, perhaps they had TPTK, 2 pair etc., but I am really wondering what can be done to disuade the 10-2 suited drawers from taking such bold chances?

Even though the specific play of an individual may be a long term loser, i.e., playing suited trash in hopes of a hitting a flush, the independent actions of several loose players has resulted in many a man's short term losses.

Any advice?

Thanks