Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-16-2005, 11:35 AM

Default MUBS with Q6s?

UTG is 28/7/1.8. BB's agg is well over 3, hence my flop c/r. I know, bet flop, but that was read dependent.

My table image is kind of loose as I've shown down and won with second pair and some other weak holdings. But don't think I've lost a SD to this point.

Cryptologic 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.00 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

hmmmm. JT? bigger Q? A? I wasn't sure and trying to control my aggression/spewing.

River: (9.00 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

uhh, yuck. Why a club? If not a club, I'm thinking of check raising this river. Too much, or call down?

Final Pot: 11.00 BB.

I gotta go to work, so I'll check back on this tonight.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: MUBS with Q6s?

I think this is fine. UTG could have been slowplaying stronger trips as well as raising a pair of aces w/ nut flush draw.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:41 AM

I would probably raise one more time on the turn. Your kicker is weak, but you will likely split if he has a Q, b/c of the A and K on board. He could also be raising an A.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:57 PM

Hi Benihana i lead out on the flop for the exact reason you check/raised i like bet/3-betting here but the check/raise is fine. I call the turn raise and donk/call the river hoping for a split if raised.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:59 PM

bet the flop. let a K raise and you don't want [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or a gutshot/straight draw getting a free turn card. hope someone raise with their flush draw or K and 3-bet.

and i'm throwing in a 3-bet on the turn because like ramrod said, you're splitting with any other Queen except the obvious fullhouse ones, but an A would do this too.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop. let a K raise and you don't want [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or a gutshot/straight draw getting a free turn card. hope someone raise with their flush draw or K and 3-bet.

and i'm throwing in a 3-bet on the turn because like ramrod said, you're splitting with any other Queen except the obvious fullhouse ones, but an A would do this too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an idiot, and didn't even notice the split possibility when the turn card hits. Yes, raise one more time here.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:32 PM

I don't understand why everyone likes a turn 3-bet here. Are we folding to a cap? I'm not. Is he calling a 3-bet and river bet with just an ace? Not very often IMO. I think you gain more lose less by calling the raise and donking the river.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:04 PM

Lead the flop, other then that you played it fine. I like your reasoning behind the c/r, but you can't count on him autobetting the flop everytime. I wanna make sure $ is going into the pot on the flop, cause I'd hate to see a drawing hand get a free look at the turn. 3Betting the turn isnt cool, and donk/calling the river is absurd imo.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lead the flop, other then that you played it fine. I like your reasoning behind the c/r, but you can't count on him autobetting the flop everytime. I wanna make sure $ is going into the pot on the flop, cause I'd hate to see a drawing hand get a free look at the turn. 3Betting the turn isnt cool, and donk/calling the river is absurd imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think we are ahead/splitting &gt;50% of the time? Villian checks this river through 100% of the time we are ahead.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:52 PM

I've never understood those %'s, but it sounds foolish to bet/call "in hopes" of splitting. IF villian raised the turn with a hand we beat, like an Ace, hes almost surely following through with a river bet. The river [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] doesnt change a thing.

If were betting this river, we should be folding to a raise, because there is no way in hell this guy is raising with a hand like QJ or QT.