Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-28-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: OT: HOW can i prove i\'m not a BOT???

[ QUOTE ]

Party isn't stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a bot [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: OT: Excerpted by Citanul: Proving I\'m not a bot

i'm not emotionally tied to the thread or the situation at all. i merely wanted to chop out this crap from the orignal thread, so that people who would not otherwise see the total lunacy contained herein might see it more easilly.

1) you have no idea if, if this is a bot, it is the most successful bot ever.
2) you should be able to start by looking over your own hand histories, shouldn't you?
3) to the person who says that there were some donkish moves, a) "donkish" really isn't strong enough to say anything at all, and b) how do you know what a bot would be programmed to do? perhaps it would be programmed to not just play push fold poker?

c
Old 11-28-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not emotionally tied to the thread or the situation at all. i merely wanted to chop out this crap from the orignal thread, so that people who would not otherwise see the total lunacy contained herein might see it more easilly.

1) you have no idea if, if this is a bot, it is the most successful bot ever.
2) you should be able to start by looking over your own hand histories, shouldn't you?
3) to the person who says that there were some donkish moves, a) "donkish" really isn't strong enough to say anything at all, and b) how do you know what a bot would be programmed to do? perhaps it would be programmed to not just play push fold poker?

c

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to address these 3 points:

- You're right that we have no idea if juicyv_gina is the best bot around... however, he's certainly the best out of all two of the bots this forum has witnessed (saabpo and juicyv_gina). That's beside the point... I want to get to the bottom of how a likely bot won 15K.

- I only had 5 hand histories with juicyv_gina, so I'm just looking to get more feedback. His play in the early levels is certainly interesting... he's shown an ability to limp, raise, fold, and even cold call preflop, unlike saabpo's method of pushing QQ+ in level 1 and getting progessively looser each level. See below:

***** Hand History for Game 3051270985 *****
30/60 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) (Tournament 17496995) - Thu Nov 17 18:42:31 EST 2005
Table Table 67923 (Real Money) -- Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 2: spilly1000 (1030)
Seat 3: BILLFILLMAF1 (745)
Seat 4: juicyv_gina (775)
Seat 5: alexanderj1 (1020)
Seat 6: scottyboy727 (745)
Seat 7: drews51 (865)
Seat 8: chukcz (1480)
Seat 9: velimirovic (485)
Seat 10: F_Lindeman (855)
BILLFILLMAF1 posts small blind (15)
juicyv_gina posts big blind (30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to BILLFILLMAF1 [ 8h, 4d ]
alexanderj1 calls (30)
scottyboy727 calls (30)
drews51 folds.
chukcz folds.
velimirovic folds.
F_Lindeman folds.
spilly1000 raises (100) to 100
BILLFILLMAF1 folds.
juicyv_gina calls (70)
alexanderj1 folds.
scottyboy727 calls (70)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 5s, 7s, Ks ]
juicyv_gina checks.
scottyboy727 checks.
spilly1000 bets (130)
juicyv_gina raises (675) to 675
juicyv_gina is all-In.
scottyboy727 folds.
spilly1000 folds.
Creating Main Pot with $1150 with juicyv_gina
** Summary **
Main Pot: 1150
Board: [ 5s 7s Ks ]
spilly1000 balance 800, lost 230 (folded)
BILLFILLMAF1 balance 730, lost 15 (folded)
juicyv_gina balance 1150, bet 775, collected 1150, net +375
alexanderj1 balance 990, lost 30 (folded)
scottyboy727 balance 645, lost 100 (folded)
drews51 balance 865, didn't bet (folded)
chukcz balance 1480, didn't bet (folded)
velimirovic balance 485, didn't bet (folded)
F_Lindeman balance 855, didn't bet (folded)

- I can't really comment on any "donkish" moves, but I'd definitely like to see more hands involving juicyv_gina.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:33 PM

i see nothing interesting about this hand at all except that it would be very hard to program a bot to play a hand like that.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For a moment, let's toss our emotions aside and take a good look at this situation.

If Party's allegations are true, then juicyv_gina has to be the most successful bot to date. The fact that it (a) won the weekly leaderboard several times and (b) showed tremendous monetary gain says a lot about the potential for bots to generate tremendous profits at low limit SNGs.

Has anyone logged a significant number of games with juicyv_gina? I'd be curious to see how the bot played in levels 1 and 2 of $22 SNGs. I know I played at least a dozen times with juicy... I'll have to pore over some hand histories myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well just to clear up some things. I've gone through my hand histories and I would say that I prolly have played more tourniees with juicy then anyone else during the month of October and some into November.

For the longest time when I was playing versus him I couldn't understand why he was leading the leaderboard I had never seen him win a tourney let alone go heads up against him.

So if someone had told me he was a bot then I would have said that he was pisspoor one at best but then through posting on here and through pm's I became friends with juicy and I can attest that he isn't a bot.

But to clear up some things, he only won the leaderboard once and that was in October where he was playing the 20's. In November I did not play with him at all because for the most part he was playing the 30's.

I don't think it is right what Party is doing. I mean not to go out there on a tangent but if you were arrested for murder and you didn't have a say in it but they told you they had evidence that you killed someone but never showed it to you wouldn't you be pissed off?

I guess thats just my two cents. I know the person, I talk to him quite frequently and am on his said for little or whatever that is worth, I don't know.

Seth

P.S. I find it funny that you guys assume he is a bot because he played 3k tournies in a month or that he plays hella hours. I mean I remember a post from Gigabet where he said that he played way more then that and at one time played 50+ hours straight.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:34 PM

i dont even recall what the donkish moves were and if they were that bad. I guess i was more going for the bot is either advanced in the sense that it plays more early level which I would think a bot would not or it was just two players playing a ton which is what I think is the case, but I have no proof, just my 2 cents.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont even recall what the donkish moves were and if they were that bad. I guess i was more going for the bot is either advanced in the sense that it plays more early level which I would think a bot would not or it was just two players playing a ton which is what I think is the case, but I have no proof, just my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

why can't it be a real person?

that was after all the whole point of me making this excerpt.

i understand that since it was quoted out people don't feel like they want to read the top of the thread again, but bah.

the people from the original thread assumed this player was a bot from a variety of very bad reasons. i wanted them mocked.

c
Old 11-28-2005, 03:40 PM

didnt he even say a while back that his friend played 2000 games and he played 1000?
Old 11-28-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So if someone had told me he was a bot then I would have said that he was pisspoor one at best but then through posting on here and through pm's I became friends with juicy and I can attest that he isn't a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you attest to that? Have you physically observed him play poker at his computer?
Old 11-28-2005, 03:45 PM

This kind of brings up an ethics question, at least for me. Is it unethical to team an account? Say 2 players playing off the same BR, either splitting variance or tracking results separately from the same party account. Is it against Party's TOC? I looked and it only mentioned them not being liable for losses if someone else plays on the acct.

Any thoughts?