Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Give me a line

Villain is 45/20/0.61 fish. He'll peel the flop with almost anything and always calls down with any piece of the board. I have king high and a strong draw. check behind? bet/call? fold river unimproved?

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ...
Old 12-12-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Give me a line

If he really peels with anything there's a pretty good chance you have the best hand here. You probably have a lot of outs if you don't. Unless you expect a checkraise here a good amount of time I think your best play is to bet.

If he will never bluff the river checking becomes more appealing. Because of your draws he probably doesn't have too many outs if behind and you can safely fold the river. This can often save you a bet compared to betting the turn.

If he will call with anything on the turn and bluff the river usually, then betting the turn is probably gonna have a higher EV than checking and calling a blank river (this assumes you dont get checkraised much).

In summary, if you don't expect to get checkraised much and think you have the best hand a good amount of the time, I would say your best play is to bet and take the free showdown on the river. If you do think there's a good chance of being checkraised, you should check, especially if he might be checkraising with a worse hand.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:01 PM

I bet/call and fold ui. He's passive enough we could get another bet out of a draw that we beat if neither improve. If he does raise it's either with a hand that beats us or a bluff with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (it's definatly a pure bluff w/o the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] &lt; 1/9.5 when we see a turn c/r imo) so I dont mind folding the river ui if we see resitance on the turn.

Granted I'm just moving up from 5/10 and still getting a feel for the 10/20 game. Agianst a lot of people I'll check the turn here and call a river bet ui but unless you've seen this guy stone bluff a lot I'd bet it.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:02 PM

He's agressive enough to check/raise with an 8 or a 9 here, that was my impression.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's agressive enough to check/raise with an 8 or a 9 here, that was my impression.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats bad.

still, if i think he will fold a2-6 then i like betting.