Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Borgata Poker Rate

I tried to get a poker rate for Nov. 22nd and was quoted $100. I said I thought the rate was around $50 for weekdays, and he said it was now $100 for weekdays and $125 for weekends. Is this correct, or is the price higher because it is Thanksgiving week?
Old 11-07-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Borgata Poker Rate

I think they reduce it to $40 with 8 hours of poker and $60 with 4 hours poker. I would check with them, but I am pretty sure it is still the policy.

When they are busy, they try to put you it rooms near construction or whatever. The Borgata is really nice, but you may be better off with a place that wants business more. The Taj is pretty easy to deal with for poker rate. You may also be able to get some special deals over the Internet at various hotels, but this may be harder Thanksgiving week.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:13 PM

I am aware they used to reduce it with play, but they used to give me the five hour rate over the phone. This time they didn't. I am sure I could find a place in Absecon for $50 or less through Priceline, but I have extra Borgata comp money I need to use. I will call the poker room instead of the main reservation desk.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:27 PM

Do you have to book this in advance or can i go in and negotioate on the spot if i were to drive up over the holidays?
Old 11-07-2005, 09:59 PM

The last time I did this (sometime in Sept I think) I was quoted 100 but had no problem getting it reduced with play. I wouldnt worry about the quote of 100 just make sure you get them to confirm your play before you leave.

I'm not sure how busy the holidays are but I would definitely call ahead of time and try to get the rate. I've tried to get the rate a few weeks ahead of time and already be too late.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:35 PM

I called the poker room today and it is the standard rate I am used to.