Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Just one more.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Trying to gain control of larger share of world's energy sources=imperalism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another "cute" thought, but it doesn't fly. The Iraqis control their oil. Our policy regarding that has been clearly stated. All of Iraq's oil is presently being used for their benefit. Not ours. We'll never control Iraq's oil.

Next?

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Still feel completely capable of breeding (susp was unnecessary for such a weak kick) [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img].

One can discuss the reasons for invading, there is 98954737348 threads about it already, but thinking that energy control (more specifically: making sure oil is controlled by a friendly as opposed to a hostile government) isn't a factor in US' priority of foreign policy is naive. You think the Saudi government would have gotten US support if it was a ordinary African dictatorship with no oil?
Old 10-26-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another "cute" thought, but it doesn't fly. The Iraqis control their oil. Our policy regarding that has been clearly stated. All of Iraq's oil is presently being used for their benefit. Not ours. We'll never control Iraq's oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah plus we are paying through the nose for it (and for oil in general).

However, if the Arab/Islamic would continues to attack the West, and if Saudi Arabia continues to spread virulent anti-Western hate ideology around the world via its Wahhabi-funded mosques, then maybe the USA, U.K. and Europe should band together and just TAKE the damn stuff.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One can discuss the reasons for invading, there is 98954737348 threads about it already, but thinking that energy control (more specifically: making sure oil is controlled by a friendly as opposed to a hostile government) isn't a factor in US' priority of foreign policy is naive. You think the Saudi government would have gotten US support if it was a ordinary African dictatorship with no oil?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a strange, IMO, definition of Imperialism.

Hell yes, we want "friendly" nations. The more there are, the merrier we get. (wasn't that one of the noble, original thoughts behind the UN?)

Hell yes, we've put up with crap and done stupid things toward/with/for the Saudi "government."

Hell no, we don't do a lot of things for poor nations. And a lot of that thinking is changing.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Next?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very weak.

Next?

See, I can pretend like I just made a good point, too.

EDIT-

Don't mind me. I'm in an awful mood today. That tends to happen when blind people impact my vehicle.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Iraq has oil.

We go to Iraq and secure oil for our country. Imperialism 101.

Its easy to blame the insurgents for killing civilians, and yes acts of violence against civilians is deplorable, but the west must take responsiblity for creating these insurgents. Everyday we mess with the middle east is another insurgent made....

You must be too old to use all your brain cells, even a child could piece together this picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

A child certainly could, as you've amply demonstrated. Grownups usually need facts to back up their assertions and innuendoes.

[ QUOTE ]
(off topic why are washington and Jefferson called revolutionaries, but the iraqi freedom fighters are called insurgents?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Washington and Jefferson didn't bomb hospitals or murder people looking for jobs with car bombs.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What have we acomplished in Iraq? The only thing I can see is making a ton of money for American companies.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is precisely the problem.

[ QUOTE ]
Our soldiers have died for nothing beyond the rich getting richer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

[ QUOTE ]
Our lower class military is merely a tool of the rich and powerful to acomplish their goals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. But you are really not all that far off.

[ QUOTE ]
Imperialism is the one and only goal of this war from the get go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain.

[ QUOTE ]
We are amoung a bunch of powerful nations that need oil.

Iraq has oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Compared to the United States I do not believe any other nation can truly be considered powerful.

[ QUOTE ]
We go to Iraq and secure oil for our country. Imperialism 101.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you need to go to a new school.

[ QUOTE ]
Its easy to blame the insurgents for killing civilians,

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps because they are to blame? At least MOSTLY to blame.

[ QUOTE ]
...and yes acts of violence against civilians is deplorable, but the west must take responsiblity for creating these insurgents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't see the logic here. Why should "the west" take ANY responsibility for "creating" these insurgents? It's not like "we" MADE them blow themselves and 10 children up.

[ QUOTE ]
Everyday we mess with the middle east is another insurgent made (off topic why are washington and Jefferson called revolutionaries, but the iraqi freedom fighters are called insurgents?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they didn't go around murdering children. Simple and accurate.

[ QUOTE ]
You must be too old to use all your brain cells, even a child could piece together this picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the problem with you and liberals is that you cannot understand reality at the level needed to truly understand it. You simply make ignorant and incorrect assumptions. Only people working on a VERY low intellectual level believe the nonsense you are spewing to be truly reflective of reality. However, reality really depends on your point of view, so to you, it's as real as Santa. Who, by the way, is not real. Sorry to spoil Christmas little boy.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:00 PM

And in one fell swoop, he renders all his other posts unreadable and ignorable by comparing american heroes (no im not naive, I know exactly who they were and exactly what they did... this isnt about patriotism) to insurgents who use children as bait (one of my best friends was killed offering candy to a kid who was strapped with explosives) and kill their own people.

such a shame, I was actually enjoying your posts.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyday we mess with the middle east is another insurgent made (off topic why are washington and Jefferson called revolutionaries, but the iraqi freedom fighters are called insurgents?)

[/ QUOTE ]

You should try to get your terms straight.

The Iraqi insurgents are NOT "freedom" fighters. Rather, they are fighting for a return to tyranny--not freedom.

The Saddamites are fighting for a return to Baathist tyranny.

The foreign Jihadists, such as Zarqawi's "Al-Qaeda In Iraq", are fighting for the imposition of Islamo-fascist tyranny, that is, for pure religious rule.

Neither of the above are fighting for "freedom."
Old 10-26-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Compared to the United States I do not believe any other nation can truly be considered powerful.

[/ QUOTE ]

This entirely depends on your view of what makes a country powerful. In my view, there are a few other 'powerful' countries besides the U.S.

[ QUOTE ]

No, the problem with you and liberals is that you cannot understand reality at the level needed to truly understand it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. Well, nevermind then. I thought you were interested in having a discussion, but now see that you are still stuck on looking foolish. If virtually every post you make didn't include such outlandish and counterproductive claims about liberals, I might be inclined to actually listen to what you have to say.

We get it already...
Liberals = Stupid, delusional, and wrong about everything.

Seriously, you don't need to keep telling us.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This entirely depends on your view of what makes a country powerful. In my view, there are a few other 'powerful' countries besides the U.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

In what aspect that really dictates power (military/economy) can any nation be considered powerful when compared to the United States?

[ QUOTE ]

Ah. Well, nevermind then. I thought you were interested in having a discussion, but now see that you are still stuck on looking foolish. If virtually every post you make didn't include such outlandish and counterproductive claims about liberals, I might be inclied to actually listen to what you have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

A completely accurate response from you (with the exception of the assertion that I am attempting to look foolish). I am not inserting any negative claims in this post. But I WILL point out that I do not believe (and this is my personal belief) that what I wrote can be considered "outlandish". Counterproductive, yes, but I don't believe it was outlandish.