Example:
"1/2 @ 10max
PFR:99CO,
LIMP: A4oMP2
*Bet F/T/R OESD HU - 67 89A5T

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl

[/ QUOTE ]

don't the cool kids say "lollerskates" ?

my notes, should i have them, typically say either

"2+2:<forumname>"
or
"BAD"

[/ QUOTE ]

same...I also have a couple "Retard LAG" and "fvcking idiot" reads as well. Perhaps this is why we are sucking. Or maybe it's that we are always advising each other.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Can someone help me take better notes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Example:
"1/2 @ 10max
PFR:99CO,
LIMP: A4oMP2
*Bet F/T/R OESD HU - 67 89A5T

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I actually typed those out as an example... and i guess a put the wrong number in [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

But you get the point. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, these are really good notes. I don't think I could manage that but it probably does help. Are you able to keep up with this at more than one table. When I started on line I played at Pacific and they didn't support PT so I kept track on my own and this seems pretty similar. I only played one table though but I payed very close attention, partly because I was tracking the play of my opponents. I bet if you're dilligent with this form you play very well even if you don't necessarily use the form as a reference. What I mean is, you probably have a good idea of your opponents simply because you've been tracking him and may not even have to reference what you've written. Stay away from my table.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does help with memory a lot too. I don't try and keep up with everyone at my table this detailed I allways copy/and paste it though so I know I've played them. I usually pick 2 (one at each table I'm at) and watch them about 2 orbits. Then move on to the next guy. People who have my "number" get closer attention. I play 2 tables (full ring) so yeah it's daunting to try and keep this detail on everyone. If I miss something oh well. Every note may save me money sometime this is just the easiest way to organize them for me so I'm not going through lines of text trying to make a decision.

As a note: Don't try and catch everything (you'll never do it) but try and make what you catch in a valuable manner to how you play poker.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:52 PM

i always look for two things on every player:

1)what they will do when it gets checked to them on a flop they missed
2)can they check through the river with weak made hand

Having these two specific reads on every player at the table makes a lot of hands play themselves. I find it far more instructive to take a look at a player's default move when they have nothing, since that seems the be the place where I can squeeze more bets out that they would not have otherwise give up. It also lets me know who I can take free cards against.

examples
1)autobet flp w ovrs - or - chkd thru turn w sm pr - or - raisd flp HU w md pr
2)blffd R whn trn chkd thru - or - chckd thru R w mid pr

The other notes I tend to make are
what someone will cold call with,
bet/folds on the flop,
and open limps from the hijack to the button.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:17 PM

In regards to Donkbets:

I've come to see that there are really only 2 versions of the donkbet, and while most players utilize both, they are usually more apt to display 1 over the other. I've classified them:

Donktarded: a donkbet bluff on a scare card, usually with some sort of weak hand like weak pair or a draw.

Donktacular: a donkbet made when one improves their hand, say turning 2 pair or completing their weak draw.

You find a lot of Donktarded's, but the Donktacular is money if you can pinpoint it. They practically scream out their hand to you, a lot of times you can rule out a flopped set or whatever when you get donked on the turn with these guys because you were in an excellent position to be check-raised.

Occasionally you will find a player that will donkbet his above average hands like Sets and big Flush draws, when you do get specific as possible about the note taking because that event is rare and most likely event specific.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:38 PM

you might check out THIS thread

I found this a while back and added it to favorites