Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Get Me Out Of this.....

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i've been thinking how bad this hand actually is, i just managed to get my mind set on him limping with Ax etc... i think that i should just call down the turn and raise and call the inevitable 3-bet on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have a hard time just calling the turn bet and I think the raise is good. However, after calling a turn 3-bet and being bet into again on the K river, it might be best to call and hope he was over-playing a lower 2-pair. However, it looks like a set, or as borodog said, he hit you with a gutshot on the turn...either way, the river didn't scare him and he's not slowing down.

With all that said, if I were playing this hand I might have put 1BB less in the pot. It's tough to slow down on these hands, especially hitting an out on the river.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd have a hard time just calling the turn bet and I think the raise is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you think we're ahead most of the time when he donks the turn?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A raise is a usually a must (if he's really passive you can just call but don't think its always right just because he had a set this time) and a raise on the river is a must.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why we must raise the turn and the river.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd have a hard time just calling the turn bet and I think the raise is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you think we're ahead most of the time when he donks the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it sure doesn't seem like it but with TPTK on this board I might raise. It's probably wrong, and looking at the hand I don't like it either. But, it's tough to know whether I don't like it b/c of the 3-bet and/or the K on the river which would justify a raise after calling the turn. I guess I'm struggling with analyzing the hand where it looks like a turn call, river raise/call 3-bet line looks optimal vs. actually playing the hand out.

If Hero stopped the hand after his turn raise and said "ok?" would you still have said to call not knowing the 3-bet was to follow?
Old 10-26-2005, 02:28 PM

I don't think you were too aggressive here. It does look like your opponent made Aces and Eights on the turn. I would have played Aces and Kings as the best hand on the river hoping that your not up against a set of eights
Old 10-26-2005, 02:33 PM

If opponent is decent then the river cap is the only move I found a little over the top.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:36 PM

I like every part of the hand except the river cap. At this point his most likely hand is a set or turned gutshot. But before that he will have 2 pair a large percentage of the time.

edit: We may want to discuss the merit in checking the turn, since turn donk is often a bluff or has us badly beaten.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:40 PM

I think you're ahead a large percentage of the time he donks the turn, but as previously stated in a few threads raising here is soemtimes NOT correct. His donk either has you beat or is a folding to a raise, since he'll be donking medium-low pairs on the turn alot, or even the paired 9.

Sometimes allowing him to continue to push his hand on the river, and raising when the K hits is the best line.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:47 PM

i like it cept for your river cap.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like it cept for your river cap.

[/ QUOTE ]