Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: What\'s it all about?

I think there are no general answers to your questions. You have to find your own meaning and purpose in life.
If you want to be careless and live for the moment, then so be it, it will be your choice and you will have to deal with the consequences, good or bad.
Some people "bother" being productive and being nice because it makes them feel good about themselves and make them happy, that is their choice.
Free will, do whatever you want.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your own personality and choices will determine whether or not you find happiness through productivity. It's all you, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that response coming from you to be amazing, since it was my discussion with you in this thread that prompted me to ask these questions in the first place.

You seemed to be saying in that thread that even people and organizations that will be well featured in the history books, just don't really matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not really what I was saying at all, but we'll leave that discussion in politics.

[ QUOTE ]

Now, you tell me its all up to me. You seem to be telling me two different things in two different threads. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your own happiness is up to you, of course. I'm not saying your life will be significant to the world, but how you live that life and what matters to you will determine how happy certain things make you.

What's it all about?
Nobody really knows. Just try to live in a way you believe will give yourself a shot at being content.

You are the only one who gets to decide what really 'matters' in your own life.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:13 PM

the truth of the matter is that all that really matters is getting laid.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:17 PM

it doesn't matter whether or not you matter or will be remembered in 100 years
Old 10-11-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good response. It's not what you do, it's that you use what you have in a way that is fulfilling to you. If you don't know what that way is, then the search for it can be fulfilling in istelf sometimes.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good response. It's not what you do, it's that you use what you have in a way that is fulfilling to you. If you don't know what that way is, then the search for it can be fulfilling in istelf sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Quit looking for important things to make you happy. There are lots of stupid silly things that make a person feel just as good. We just have to let our guard down and allow ourselves to enjoy them!

Like pretending it is your B'day everyday you want it to be! Only a truly alive person would think of something like that. And having people like that around you is what makes life fun.

You need to post more imo. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 05:39 PM

Why are you so set on the question of being remembered 100 years from now? If acheiving that is what will make you happy then take steps in your life to do that. Otherwise if you realize (as you seem to think) that it doesn't matter that you're remembered 100 years from now, figure out what it is that will make you happy and just do it. But I return to my point again, you'll find that the things that keep you happiest are friends and family and to have and be able to care for those people you do need to be productive and show regard for other people.