Chipcos now retail for 1.10 .

[/ QUOTE ]

classics
egyptians
suits
Old 03-11-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Pharaoh\'s Club Paulson chips - Pre-Order Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I’d be willing to bet that these sell for upwards of $1.50 each once the group buy is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this wouldn't be a one shot deal?
Old 03-11-2005, 07:23 PM

Ten,

I voted yes to the poll, but I did not fill out the promise-to-pay order form just yet. It is just too early for me for the following reasons:

I'm not 100% convinced that there will be concentric circles, that the inlay size is certain(new mold), unknown price, etc, etc - I anticipate that a number of changes will occur(it is a given that the process at this stage requires it). I guess what I'm saying is - if I commit, I'm commited, and will do so after the entire process is 100% certain. To be honest, I don't think that it would be a bad idea to wait until after mid-April when trademark.com will be selling samples in the new mold so people can buy them and see them first hand like many of us have with the Paulson JB's with the goofy inlays.

All that said, I'm 99.9% sure I will see these delivered to my doorstep. I really like what you are doing Ten - props to you!( I click on the home poker forum 1000 times a day to see how things are coming) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

P.S. $1 white chips - sweet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.... and therefore give us zero breaks on price.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like it may be a 15-25% price break to me - on top of the fact that these will be more unique, and way better looking than any other Paulsons on the market. I see only +EV.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:35 PM

For anyone who's suddenly an expert on the economics of the manufacture and sale of custom poker chips:

I'm sure if you could put together a group buy that's significantly cheaper, people would flock to it.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:47 PM

Ten: You changed the blue chip, that was awesome, what happened???
Old 03-11-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I voted yes to the poll, but I did not fill out the promise-to-pay order form just yet. It is just too early for me for the following reasons:

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I'd like to see what the final mold is going to look like before committing. If I like it, I'm in for 500-1000.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good points. so what im gathering then is that Paulson and Trademark views this group buy as consumers rather than retailers. so they will gouge us as much as they possibly can, and therefore give us zero breaks on price. im sure that trademark realizes the frenzy that we are creating with this and is thus capitalizing on our excitment. understandable, any smart businessman would do the same. but like i said, at this volume, i cant justify that price in my mind, especially when we are going directly to the manufacturer (albeit via trademark).

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to address the price issue that Duma brought up...

(here I deleted about 10 bulleted, valid points explaining why the price is this "high"...... compared to Chipco, my first group buy that was .95 each, etc...deleted because it is really so simple):

The simple fact is that we are thinking that .90 price is 'high' because our current point of view is "we pay $1 per chip for good chips." You have to be thinking of these Paulsons as "$1.50 per chip." or at the very least, "$1.25 per chip." Then it makes complete sense. At that price, we are getting 25% off, or more. I was happy as a lark to get that much off of dinky stuff at 5star last Christmas...

Facts:
Paulsons are more expensive retail price.
They don't offer as good wholesale prices as other chip manufacturers.
They're less flexible.

We MUST buy via Trademark. (or a retail vendor and pay more (Dice702). We MUST go through a retail vendor to do the individual purchases. The other sales option is that I buy them personally, and sell them personally. I sure don't want to do that, and the group buy quantity would suffer because of the factor of not allowing credit card purchases.

If we avoided a middle man (vendor) our price would still be .90 or more! Off the top of my head: Wholesale price (at least .75-.80), PayPal/escrow fees (.03-.05), art fees (.02-.03), shaped inlay fees (Trademark say this might happen), shipping (.03-.04), and any interest I may incur if I fronted all the money. And any other costs I can’t think of right now. It adds up quickly.

Ten
Old 03-11-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ten and the artists: great job guys! I am loving this set. I, for one, actually really like the white $1 chip. Now I am just agonizing over what color breakdown I should get, and just how many chips I can justify buying. I am also curious to see how the order, price, and inlay details will work out, so keep those quick updates coming.

glider

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the board glider, and thatnks for the kind words.

Ten
Old 03-11-2005, 10:37 PM

WHOA, you changed the $1 to white? I thought you were going with blue?

Anyways, if you decide to have a $1 Blue I will be down for 2500 chips. The white paulsons look horrible after 2 hours of play.