Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 08:28 PM

Default QQ in EP facing a reraiser

My image is tight and aggressive. I have taken 2 horrific beats thus far at this table, so it may look as though I'd be primed to tilt.

Villian is semi-tight--25% VPIP--and extremely aggro--15% PFR, AF 2.9.

Some reads and commentary would be helpful.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.66 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (9.83 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (11.83 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 13.83 BB
Old 10-19-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: QQ in EP facing a reraiser

YAAAAAAAAAWN.
i think PP 15/30 should be posted in small stakes.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YAAAAAAAAAWN.
i think PP 15/30 should be posted in small stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not yawn when you find out what he has. That's why I posted it.

Stop being a stakes snob, as well. It makes you look small and petty.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:11 PM

actually i think his most likely hand is KK, but i still belive your play is correct in the party 15...
BTW/ why do you think we have split forums? would i be a jerk if i said i dont think 5/10 belongs here? PP15 is a small stakes game...
Old 10-19-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually i think his most likely hand is KK, but i still belive your play is correct in the party 15...
BTW/ why do you think we have split forums? would i be a jerk if i said i dont think 5/10 belongs here? PP15 is a small stakes game...

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I play 15-30 to 50-100, with much of my play, if not my posts, at 30-60. So to be frank, I don't want the advice of the small stakes forum when I post a hand. That forum is often wrong, too argumentative, and lacks technical sophistication in the responses. Once in a while a decent thread starts, but I rarely, if ever, read it anymore.

Next, 15-30 is a mid stakes game. Denigrating it as a small stakes game to look, I don't know, tougher or like more of a poker badass I guess, seems pretty petty to me. And please don't tell me that you weren't denigrating it and that you were just innocently pointing me in the right direction. It's clear that the point of your response was to essentially insult the 15-30 as beneath the notice of this board. Why I don't know, but it's childish and you're a better poster than that.

All that having been said, I'd appreciate some comments on the hand if there are any to give. If you all think it was totally straightfoward, then that's fine too. I didn't think it was. I think I should have called the flop raise and raised the turn. As the hand played out, I think I should have check called the river because I don't beat a damn thing on it.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:39 PM

Seems standard to me. When you don't get raised on the turn, I'd assume I was good and bet the river accordingly. If he had KK and slowed bc he thought u had bullets, good for you. You saved money.

Jeff
Old 10-19-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems standard to me. When you don't get raised on the turn, I'd assume I was good and bet the river accordingly. If he had KK and slowed bc he thought u had bullets, good for you. You saved money.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough, but he had AA. What a weird way to play it.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I play 15-30 to 50-100, with much of my play, if not my posts, at 30-60. So to be frank, I don't want the advice of the small stakes forum when I post a hand. That forum is often wrong, too argumentative, and lacks technical sophistication in the responses. Once in a while a decent thread starts, but I rarely, if ever, read it anymore.

Next, 15-30 is a mid stakes game. Denigrating it as a small stakes game to look, I don't know, tougher or like more of a poker badass I guess, seems pretty petty to me. And please don't tell me that you weren't denigrating it and that you were just innocently pointing me in the right direction. It's clear that the point of your response was to essentially insult the 15-30 as beneath the notice of this board. Why I don't know, but it's childish and you're a better poster than that.

All that having been said, I'd appreciate some comments on the hand if there are any to give. If you all think it was totally straightfoward, then that's fine too. I didn't think it was. I think I should have called the flop raise and raised the turn. As the hand played out, I think I should have check called the river because I don't beat a damn thing on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this hand is so standard it might as well be $1.00/$2.00

Barron
Old 10-19-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this hand is so standard it might as well be $1.00/$2.00

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

So you expected him to show me AA then? What exactly was he scared of on the flop. I practically told him I had KK/QQ/AK ...

And if I knew he had AA/KK, why did I bet the river? In hindsight, as I said, it seems awfully stupid, as I don't beat anything but AK/AQ, and he's not calling with those.

Anyways, sorry to post such obvious tripe. Next time I guess I'll post one where I raise with a shitty ace, flop second pair, and have to figure out what to do with it on the flop when I get raised. Because those types of hands are the ones we really should be concentrating on I guess.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:33 PM

The hand would only get interesting if he raises the turn...barring that, this seems extremely standard.