Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Hand from last night - action inducing line?

Really good live 5/10 game. My image is very tight, which I have been using liberally to take down pots with nothing since I have lost my ability to flop a pair or even a draw in my older age.

Three limpers and the SB completes. I check in the BB with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I have everyone covered and the effective stack size here is $900 but not really germane.

Flop (5 players, $50): 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Interesting. SB checks, I check, super mega clown in MP bets $30. (This could mean two pair, a gutshot or something as stupid as 53s. He is also prone to getting out of line if given rope but will back down if shown aggression). LP calls, Button (slightly weak but non-clown) makes it $85. SB folds. Action on me.

Normally, I would flat call here and lead the turn hoping to get min-raised by the clown so i can blast it. But since there was already a raise, cold-calling here might give my hand away given my image. Just bomb it now and hope someone has a big hand and comes with?

I know how to us my image to take down pots with 8-high. But getting action when I flop the nuts is a little harder since people give me way too much credit as is.

Thanks in advance,
tpir
Old 10-21-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Hand from last night - action inducing line?

My default is to raise this flop, but checking is good to. I would call quickly. It'll probably just make the clown think he has to bet more to win.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My default is to raise this flop, but checking is good to. I would call quickly. It'll probably just make the clown think he has to bet more to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me
Old 10-21-2005, 11:15 AM

Call and lead the turn with a half pot bet?. The button likes his hand and Its likely that he has a 2 pr or a set.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:31 AM

lead the flop. life becomes easier.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Jeez. This never even occurred to me. This would have made my hand look vulnerable and would have allowed me to unload on the flop most likely. Crap.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Jeez. This never even occurred to me. This would have made my hand look vulnerable and would have allowed me to unload on the flop most likely. Crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the exact same principle as when you flop a set into the preflop raiser. You lead, and he's faced with a very tough decision with his possible overpair. No one is folding a nine or a weak overpair to one bet on the flop, let alone two pair or more.

Still, I think check-three betting the flop is just 'stooling' your hand. Since you made the first mistake of checking, just call the second raise.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-21-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed...Hiroshima that chit on turn and river.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:40 PM

Im coming over the top big here. Most likley facing two pair or a set here ... both of which will join you in the pot.

Not to mention your hand cant improve, and you are probobly going to have to let go of the hand if you flat call and the board pairs.